World Tuberculosis Day 2015
World TB Day 2015 theme is "Stop TB Partnership"
History of World TB Day:
World Tuberculosis Day (also called World TB Day) is commenced on March 24, 1982. World Tuberculosis Day commenced on March 24 every year. Dr Robert Koch surprised the scientific society by declaring that he had exposed the cause of tuberculosis, the Tuberculosis bacillus.
World Tuberculosis Day is structured to build community awareness about tuberculosis nowadays leftovers a pestilence in a lot of the world. More than 1.6 million people were causing death for Tuberculosis every year. Koch's statement in Berlin, TB was raging through Europe and the Americas, reason for the death of one out of each seven people. Koch's finding opened the way to make a diagnosis and remedial tuberculosis.
The World Tuberculosis Day is announced in 1982. On the 100th centenary of Dr Koch's appearance, the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (IUATLD) planned on March 24. IUATLD is joined with World Health Organization in 1996. IUATLD & WHO both are prepare an extensive assortment of other concerned organizations to raise the crash of World Tuberculosis Day.
World Tuberculosis Day in South Africa:
Recently, Tuberculosis Day is attacked three times in South Africa. South Africans are given a funding in the six months necessary for treatment; but treatment is firmly upset to carry on getting the grant. ‘I am stopping TB’ is a slogan for 2008 World Tuberculosis Day. It is a two-year program. People are doing to part of their service to prevent Tuberculosis. World Tuberculosis Day will be celebrated on 24 March 2010. The celebration of World TB Day is about beings of the people influenced with Tuberculosis.
On World Tuberculosis Day, Women, men and children who also suffered from TB; TB patients; nurses; doctors; researchers; community workforce; social workers; all are participate into the worldwide battle over Tuberculosis.
Events of TB Day in South Africa:
South Africa will celebrate World Tuberculosis Day in Matlosana (Klerksdorp) in the North West from 9’Clock on 20 March 2009. In adding up to speeches by national, provincial and municipality leaders, Malaika and a quantity of local entertainment groups will perform.
Message by President Kgalema Motlanthe and Minister of Health, Barbara Hogan, on the remembrance of World Tuberculosis Day in South Africa
- Tuberculosis (TB) is the number one killer of South African event however it is curable. TB is therefore a community and person responsibility, Help South Africa saves its people.
- Have you been coughing for two weeks of more, sweating at night, losing weight ans appetite? If so, take a position and have yourself tested for TB. Testing and being treated for TB is fast and free.
- The government has society health workers who are there to hold up patients and make sure that they take and complete their treatment. They need your hold up to be successful in preventing the spread of TB in our communities.
You can keep yourself healthy by doing the following:
- eat loads of fruits and vegetables
- excercise daily
- stop taking alcohol
- stop takin g drugs
- stop smoking.
Help to prevent the spread of TB by:
- covering your mouth if you are coughing and sneezing
- keeping windows in houses, taxis, buses and other places open for movement of fresh air
- not spitting on the ground
- Not stopping your TB treatment and medication even if you are sense better.
International Observance Slogans
- » Earth Day Theme
- » International Credit Union Day Theme
- » International Nurses Day Theme
- » International Womens Day Theme
- » International Youth Day Theme
- » World Aids Day Theme
- » World Blood Donor Day Theme
- » World Cancer Day Theme
- » World Environment Day Theme
- » World Habitat Day Theme
- » World Health Day Theme
- » World Heart Day Theme
- » World Mental Health Day Theme
- » World Ocean Day Theme
- » World TB Day Theme
- » World Tourism Day Theme
- » World Water Day Theme
- » World Wetlands Day Theme
- » World Youth Day Theme
- 25International Day for Elimination of Violence Against Women 2014
- 25National Parfait Day 2014
- 25White Ribbon Day 2014
- 27Thanksgiving Day 2014
- 27Thanksgiving Day in Australia
- 28Black Friday 2014
- 28Buy Nothing Day 2014
- 30St Andrews Day 2014
- 30Carers Rights Day 2014