Kurt Donald Cobain an American musician was born on 20th February, 1967 in Aberdeen, Washington. He provided as a songwriter, front man, guitarist and a lead vocalist for a grunge band Nirvana.With a lead single "Smells Like Teen Spirit" from Nirvana's 2nd album Never mind (1991), Kurt Cobain with Nirvana penetrated into the majority.
Kurt Cobain was the son of Wendy and Donald Cobain. He passed his initial 6 months living in Hoquiam, Washington prior to the family shifted to Aberdeen. At an early age, he started taking interest in music. In accordance with Aunt Mari, " he was singing from the time Kurt Cobain was two. He would sing Beatles songs like 'Hey Jude'. He had a lot of charisma from a very young age."
When he was 8 years old, his parents divorced. In an interview, Kurt stated, "I remember feeling ashamed, for some reason. I was ashamed of my parents. I couldn't face some of my friends at school anymore, because I desperately wanted to have the classic, you know, typical family. Mother, father. I wanted that security, so I resented my parents for quite a few years because of that."
In Kurt Cobain school days, he showed his curiosity in sports. He did friendship with gay students and that companionship led him to believe that he was a gay. In 1993 conference with The Advocate, he alleged that he was "gay in spirit" and "probably could be bisexual".In the year of 1986, he shifted to first home at where he lived alone. He paid his rental fee through working at the coastal resort 20 miles from Aberdeen.
On his 14th birthday, Kurt Cobain asked his uncle to give him a guitar. And he began learning some covers, comprised The Cars' "My Best Friend's Girl", and AC/DC's "Back in Black", and shortly, he started working on his private songs. In his school days, he realized that he found someone with whom he could squeeze. While spending time at the Melvins practice room, he met Krist Novoselic, an associate supporter of the punk rock. After few years, he tried to encourage Krist to create a band with him.
Finally, the band established on the Chad Channing, with whom Nirvana recorded an album Bleach, unconfined on the Sub Pop Records in 1989. On the other hand, he became frustrated with Chad Channing’s style. After it, he improved his band with the support of Dave Grohl. And With Grohl, the band achieved their utmost success by their 1991 major-label debut, Never mind.A vocal adversary of homophobia and sexism, he was conceited that it is beneficial for Gay rights. Kurt Cobain had been occupied in the Rock for Choice from campaign beginning by L7.
In 1989, Courtney Love saw Kurt performing at the show in Portland, Oregon. By the time Nirvana’s 1992 presentation on the Saturday Night Live, Love exposed that she was pregnant with Kurt's child. After completing Nirvana's Pacific Rim tour, on 24th February, 1992, he wedded love on the Waikiki Beach, Hawaii. "In the last couple months I've gotten engaged and my attitude has changed drastically," he stated in a conference with the Sassy magazine. "I can't believe how much happier I am. At times I even forget that I'm in a band, I'm so blinded by love. I know that sounds embarrassing, but it's true. I could give up the band right now. It doesn't matter, but I'm under contract." On 18th August, Love gave to birth a daughter, Frances Bean Cobain.
In 1992 article in the Vanity Fair claimed that during pregnancy she took heroin. She claimed that the Vanity Fair had misquoted her. However the event made arguments for them. After publishing that article, the couples got themselves hounded through tabloid reporters. The Los Angeles County Department of Children's Services took the Kurt to court, declaring that the couple's drug habit made them unhealthy parents. After several months of official internal strife, Kurt Cobain and Love were finally granted full safekeeping of their daughter.
In his whole life, he conflicted with extreme physical pain and chronic bronchitis because of an undiagnosed continual stomach condition. And the last stipulation was especially incapacitating to him emotionally. Though, none of the physicians he discussed with were equipped with pinpoint the exact reason, guessing that it was either an effect of him upbringing scoliosis or allied to pressure of performing.
Throughout the preceding years of his life, he battled with the drug addiction. The media forces surrounding him and his spouse Courtney Love. On 8th April, 1994, he was found lifeless at his residence in Seattle. He was found with a self-inflicted shotgun .In following years, the conditions of his demise became an issue of debate and fascination.
Interviews with Kurt Cobain were frequently besieged with references to vague performers like The Melvins, The Meat Puppets, The Wipers, Young Marble Giants, Butt hole Surfers, The Raincoats, The Vaseline, Daniel Johnston, Captain Beef heart, and Flipper.
Nirvana's style was influenced through the major rock bands of '70s, including Black Sabbath, Kiss, Queen, and Led Zeppelin. In its starting days, Nirvana produced the playing cover songs through those bands, comprised Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker", "Immigrant Song", Black Sabbath's "Hand of Doom" "Dazed and Confused", and made the studio recording of Kiss' "Do You Love Me?". Kurt Cobain talked about a power of bands like The Bay City Rollers, Boston, and The Knack.
There were prior influences: Nirvana's MTV Unplugged show ended with the edition of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night", a song popularized through blues artiste Lead Belly, whom he called one of his desired performers.
After his death, Kurt Cobain is frequently remembered as an iconic rock musician in a record of the alternative music. And the agency planned to form a youth center and Kurt Cobain Memorial Park in Aberdeen.
Gus Van Sant created a film Last Days which was based on the last hours of his life. And in January, 2007, Courtney Love started to store the memoirs Heavier Than Heaven to diverse film studios in Hollywood to revolve the book into A-list feature movie about Kurt Cobain and Nirvana.
1. Shoot 'Em Up (2007) (writer: "Breed")Marley & Me (2008) (writer: "Lithium")
2. "Parashat Ha-Shavua" (2 episodes, 2008)
- VaYakhel (2008) TV episode (music: "Smells Like Teen Spirit") (lyrics: "Smells Like Teen Spirit")
- Ki Tisa (2008) TV episode (writer: "Heart-Shaped Box", "Something in the Way")
3. Marley & Me (2008) (writer: "Lithium")
4. "Lost" (1 episode, 2007)
- Through the Looking Glass (2007) TV episode (writer: "Scentless Apprentice")
5. "Tele de tu vida, La" (1 episode, 2007)
- Episode #1.18 (2007) TV episode (writer: "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Come As You Are")
6. Guitar Hero II (2006) (VG) ("HEART SHAPED BOX")
7. "20 to 1" (1 episode, 2006)
... aka 20 to 01 (Australia: promotional title)
-Greatest Songs of All Time (2006) TV episode ("Smells Like Teen Spirit")
8. "Shminiya, Ha-" (1 episode, 2006)
... aka The Eight (International: English title)
- The King Ka (2006) TV episode ("Lithium")
9. Jarhead (2005) (writer: "Something in the Way")
... aka Jarhead - Willkommen im Dreck (Germany)
10. The Devil and Daniel Johnston (2005) (writer: "Lithium")
11. "Shabatot VeHagim" (1 episode, 2001)
- Meriach Saruf (2001) TV episode (writer: "Lithium")
12. Moulin Rouge! (2001) (writer: "ZIDLER'S RAP (Medley)")
13. "Daria" (1 episode, 1999)
- The Lawndale File (1999) TV episode (writer: "Heart-Shaped Box")
14. 'Weird Al' Yankovic Live! (1999) (V) ("Smells Like Nirvana")
15. Jerry Maguire (1996) (writer: "Something in the Way")
16. Hype! (1996) (writer: "Negative Creep", "Smells Like Teen Spirit")
17. "Beavis and Butt-Head" (2 episodes, 1993-1994)
- Butt Is It Art? (1994) TV episode (writer: "Heart-Shaped Box")
- Customers Suck (1993) TV episode (writer: "Smells Like Teen Spirit")
18. "Inyan Shel Zman" (1 episode, 1993)
... aka A Matter of Time
- Tmunat Matzav (1993) TV episode (writer: "Lithium")
1. Nirvana: With the Lights Out (2004) (V)
2. "Unplugged" (1 episode, 1993)
... aka MTV Unplugged
- Nirvana (1993) TV episode
1. Last Days (2005) (dedicatee)