Emma Roberts Famous American Actress
Emma Rose Roberts is an actress and singer from the United States, who is very well known for his performance in the Nickelodeon television series, Unfabulous.
Emma Roberts did many good movies in her career like Aquamarine, Nancy Drew, Wild Child, and Hotel of Dogs. As a singer, Emma Roberts debuted in an album, named Unfabulous and more in 2005.
Emma Roberts Personal Life
Emma Roberts Birth details
Emma Roberts was born on February 10, 1991, in Rhineback, New York. Emma is the daughter of actor Eric Roberts and his girlfriend Kelly Cunningham.
Emma Roberts Family Background
Emma Roberts was brought up by her mother Kelly and Step father and is very close to them. Emma Roberts had a distant relationship with her real father. From her mother and step father, Emma Roberts has a sibling sister, Grace Nickels, who was born in 2001.Also, in the famiy she has an award-winning aunt, Julia Roberts.
Emma Roberts Education:
Emma Roberts started working in movies very early, at the age of nine. With this, Emma Roberts attended the Archer School for Girls, in Los Angeles, California, to have formal education.
Emma Roberts Career
Emma Roberts Early Phase
Emma Roberts used to visit sets of the films very frequently from her early childhood only. Emma Roberts was a frequent visitor of her aunt’s Julia Roberts films sets and this made her very much inlcined towards acting in film industry at very early age of just five years.
At the age of nine, Emma Roberts made her first debute in Ted Demme’s 2001 drama, Blow. The movie is rated R and her role in it was of Kristina Jung, the daughter of George Jung, which was portrayed by Johnny Depp.
- Emma Roberts acted for a 10-minute short, bigLove, directed by Leif Tilden and played the role of extra character in a movie America’s Sweetheart in 2001.
- In 2002, Emma Roberts did the role of lead actor’s sister in a movie, named Grand Champion. The movie of thearetical released in 2004.
- In 2003, Emma Roberts played the role of kidnapped daughter of former secrete agent in the movie, named Spymate. The release of movie got delayed and was released in 2006.
- At the age of thirteen, in 2004, Emma Roberts became teen idol after doing the starry performance in a series, named Unfabulous, which was telecasted on Nickelodeon channel.
- Inspired by her role in the series as a song writer and guitar player, producer of Nickelodeon planned to launch Emma Roberts in music field. Emma Roberts’s lunching song was the’If I Had It My Way’, from the movie Ice Princess in 2005.
- Emma Roberts released her first album, Unfabulous and More: Emma Roberts, on September 27, 2005. The album was a huge hit on the Billboard’s Top Heatseekers.
- In 2006, Emma Roberts worked in a movie, named Aquamarine, along with Sara Paxton and singer JoJo.
- In 2006, Emma Roberts acted in a titlar role in a movie, named Nancy Drew. The film got released on June15, 2007
- Emma performed on MTV’s Punk’d with pop singer Teddy Ginger in May, 2006.
- Further, Emma Roberts featured in The flight Before Christmas, a CG-animated holiday feature, which was released on DVD in October, 2008.
- In 2009, Emma Roberts worked in Hotel for Dogs, which was inspired by a novel by Lois Duncan
- Emma Roberts did a role of rebellious teen in a movie, named Wild Child. The movie delayed and released on August 15, 2008 in the United Kingdom and is planned to be released on May 9, 2009, in the U.S.
- Emma Roberts is also working for a movie, named Lymelife, which was screened at the Sundance Film Festival in 2009.
- Emma Roberts is planning to work in both Rodeo Gal and a Nancy Drew sequel.
- Emma Roberts was showcased as a spokesmodel for Dooney & Bourke in 2006
- Emma Roberts herself designed a range of handbag, named the ‘EmmaBag’, under the brand Dooney & Bourke.
Emma Roberts Awards and Nomination
Emma Roberts Awards
- Emma Roberts won the award for Best Supporting Young Artist in 2007 for the movie Aquamarine.
- Emma Roberts was also entitled for Best ShoWest Female Star of Tommarow in 2007.
Emma Roberts Nominations
- Emma Roberts was nominated for best 2005 Teen Choice Award – in the category of Choice TV Breakout Performance - Female for the series Unfabulous.
- In 2005, she was also nominated for best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) in the category of Leading Young Actress for the series Unfabulous.
- In 2005, she was nominated for Artist Award in the category of Outstanding Young Performers in a TV Series for the series Unfabulous.
- In 2006 , Emma was nominated for Young Artist Award in the category Best Young Ensemble Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) for the series Unfabulous
- In 2007, she was nominated for Young Artist Award - Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) in the category Leading Young Actress for the series Unfabulous.
- In 2007 and 2008, Emma was nominated in Kid’s Choice Award and Teen Choice Awards in several categories like Favorite TV Actress and Choice TV Actress for the series Unfabulous. And in the categories of Choice Movie: Breakout Female, Choice Movie Actress: Comedy for the movie Nancy Drew.