Jesse James Birth Details
Jesse Woodson James was born on September 5, 1847 in Clay County, Missouri.
Jesse James was an American criminal in and a prominent member of the James-Younger Gang. He has turned out to be a legendary figure of the Wild West after his death. He used to conduct robberies for himself and his gang.
Jesse James Early Life
- Jesse Woodson’s father was Robert James.
- He was a hemp farmer and Baptist minister in Kentucky.
- later he shifted to Missouri and aided in establishing Liberty College in Liberty, Missouri. Robert James died when his son, he was three years old only.
- He had two siblings, an elder brother, Alexander Franklin and a younger sister named Susan Lavenia James.
- Totaling, Reuben Samuel, his step father and Zerelda, his mother had four children namely: Sarah Louisa Samuel, Archie Peyton Samuel, Thomas Samuel, and Fannie Quantrell Samuel.
Jesse James Films
- Jesse James character has been portrayed in numerous film and television. List of theses are as follows:
- He's Under the Black Flag, portrayed by him, Jr.
- Days of James, portrayed by Don 'Red' Barry
- James at Bay, portrayed by Roy Rogers
- James Rides Again, portrayed by Clayton Moore
- He as the Outlaw, portrayed by Jesse James, Jr.
- He portrayed by Fred Thomson
- He portrayed by Tyrone Power, Henry Fonda and John Carradine
- True Story of him portrayed by Robert Wagner
- Alias Jesse James, portrayed Wendell Corey in a comedy starring Bob Hope
- James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter, portrayed by John Lupton
- A Time for Dying, portrayed by Audie Murphy
- I Shot Jesse James, portrayed by Reed Hadley
- Kansas Raiders, portrayed by Audie Murphy
- "The Great Missouri Raid", portrayed by Macdonald Carey
- The Great Northfield, Minnesota Raid, portrayed by Robert Duvall
- The Long Riders, portrayed by James Keach
- The Last Days of Frank and James, portrayed by Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson.
- American Outlaws, portrayed played by Colin Farrell
- Frank and James, portrayed played by Rob Lowe
- Purgatory, portrayed by J.D. Souther
- “Jesse James: Legend, Outlaw, Terrorist,” portrayed by Daniel Lennox
- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, portrayed by Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck.
- Jesse James gang was exhausted, because of members take into custody, casualty, and defections.
- He was only left with two members whom Jesse James could trust.
- They were brothers Robert and Charley Ford.
- On April 3, 1882, Fords and he decided to go for another robbery.
- So, they started preparing for the horses.
- It was an uncommonly scorching day.
- He took off his coat, and thought that he should remove his firearms too, in case he looks doubtful.
- In the mean while, he observed a dusty picture on the wall. He stood on a chair to clean the picture. Finding the opportunity, Robert Ford, shot James at the back portion of the head.
- The murder of James was a astounding killing.
- The Ford brothers did not try to hide the murder and surrendered claiming the reward to the governor.
- Crowds barged into the little house in St. Joseph to see the dead robber.
- The Ford brothers had surrendered themselves but they were disappointed to know that they were blamed of first-degree murder, which was a crime.
- The ford brothers were tried and found guilty of murder. So, they were given death sentence.
- But, fortunately, just in two hours, both the brothers were approved a full pardon by the Governor of Missouri.
- On May 6, 1884, Charley Ford died by committing suicide in Richmond, Missouri.
- On June 8, 1892, Bob Ford was killed by a shotgun blast, in Creede, Colorado.
- His killer was Edward Capehart O'Kelley.
- James was sentenced to life imprisonment.
- But he was released on October 3, 1992.