Halloween Safety Tips for Kids
- The festive season of Halloween can bring along a risk for hazards.
- Food poisoning, cracker injury, fire and party accidents are not uncommon during this season.
- Parents should carefully supervise their children’s Halloween costumes, Halloween food and activities to prevent any mishaps.
- Halloween Pets also demand special care during the Halloween celebrations.
- Here are some Halloween safety tips to help you sail through the 2008 Halloween holiday season safely.
Halloween Safety Tips for Kids:
- The Halloween costumes should be fire-proof with adequate openings for breathing and vision.
- Halloween Lamps and Halloween candles should be kept out of reach of children.
- Do not allow children to use dangerous props like knifes, axes, forks etc for their Halloween costumes.
- Supervise your children’s activities while they carve out a Halloween pumpkin or make other Halloween crafts.
Halloween Safety Tips for Trick and Treating:
- Thoroughly check the Halloween candies your children collect while trick or treat.
- Discourage them to consume food outside the house or accept eatables from strangers.
- Feed your children well before they go out to collect Halloween goodies.
- Discard any Halloween candies or Halloween goodies that seem tampered or unwrapped.
- Small-sized eatables like Halloween peanuts, gum or hard candies can pose a choking hazard for younger children.
- Make sure that all liquids like juices and ciders are sterilized and hygienically prepared to prevent contamination and infections.
Halloween Safety Tips for Halloween Costumes & Halloween Make-up:
- Face paints should be free of toxic substances and harmful chemicals.
- Check for skin sensitivity before you use any spray paints on your body.
- Make sure that your Halloween masks do not hamper you vision.
- Keep face paint away from the eyes and other sensitive areas.
- Check for an FDA approval label on all your Halloween make-up products.
- Exercise extreme caution while using fluorescent or luminescent colors.
- Remove all traces of Halloween make-up before you go to bed at night.
- Follow the instructions and directions on product labels carefully.
- Follow the cleaning and insertion instructions properly while using colored contact lenses.
Halloween Safety Tips for Pet Care:
- Keep your pets away from fire and sharp objects.
- Halloween Crackers and loud music may frighten your pets. Keep them safely locked up in a quite room.
- Do not use any paint or make-up on your pet’s fur as it may cause toxicity or allergy.
- Make sure your pet does not eat any food that may cause harm.
Halloween Safety Tips for Halloween Parties:
- Make sure there are no dry ice chips in the slush or drinks.
- Keep all breakables and expensive items away from the Halloween party venue.
- Keep a close tab on which Halloween parties or Halloween events your children are going to attend.
- Try to accompany your children at all Halloween parties and Halloween activities.
Halloween Safety Tips for Yard Haunts
- Make arrangements for extra insurance for the Halloween night before you invite people for a yard haunt.
- Keep objects away from the main walking path so that people don’t trip and fall.
- Use electric lights instead of candles and flames to prevent fire hazards.
- Keep curtains, drapes, furniture, paper and linen away from candles and lamps.
- Make sure that your upholstery and linen are not stained by paint and other props like fake blood.
- If you are expecting too many people, try to get security and fire cover.
- If your Halloween settings are too scary, place warning signs so that the less brave ones can stay away.