Tim Burton Birth Details
Tim Burton was born on August 25, 1958, in Burbank, California.
- Tim Burton is an American film director, screenwriter.
- He is known as a remarkable set designer, idiosyncratic and gothic impression created in his high-profile films.
- The central character or hero is usually unique in his films such as physically or emotionally diverse or scarred.
Tim Burton Career Graph
Tim Burton directed Batman in 1989 and Batman Returns in 1992.
- Tim Burton has worked together with actor Johnny Depp and actress Helena Bonham Cartereffectively in films such as:
- Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Ed Wood (1994)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Corpse Bride in 2005.
Tim Burton film “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street,” won the award for Best Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical) and Best Actor (Comedy or Musical) at the 65th Golden Globe Awards.
The film was also nominated for many awards such as:
- Best Actor
- Best Art Direction
- Best Costume Design at the 80th Academy Awards.
Tim Burton has also worked extensively with composer Danny Elfman.
Tim Burton Early Life
- Tim Burton father was Bill Burton and and mother Jean Erickson.
- Burton described his childhood self as peculiar, aloof and highly imaginative.
- He dramatized an axe murder in with his brother to scare the neighbors.
- Getting worried they call the police. Since than he got a knick name, “Axe Wound.”
- As he grew older, started escaping the school and use to watch horror and low budget films.
- He grew up on Evergreen Street which was very close to a Cemetery in Burbank; Burtonoften shared the "weirdness" of growing up near a cemetery in his interviews.
- He studied from Providencia Elementary School and Burbank High School, in Burbank.
- He was highly influenced by Vincent Price.
- He was also inspired by the Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion films.
- He won a Disney scholarship to join the California Institute of the Arts in Valencia, California where Burton got the opportunity to study the Character Animation program for three years.
- He got his first job in animation and joined as a cell painter in the “The Lord of the Rings.”
- Later He was signed by the Walt Disney Studios as an animator trainee.
- He drew for “The Fox and the Hound,” but Burton was not satisfied during his Disney period.He used to write and draw the poem and illustrations that laid the foundation for his extremely popular and celebrated film “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
Tim Burton Marital Life
- Tim Burton married to a German.
- She was an artist and lived with her for four years.
- Burton next married to Lisa Marie.
- She was a model.
- He lived from 1992 till 2001.
- Lisa Marie played the non-speaking roles in almost all of his films.
- They were a popular couple in most films like “Ed Wood” and “Mars Attacks.’ Presently, Tim Burton lives with Helena Bonham Carter.
- He met her while shooting of “Planet of the Apes,” Tim Burton fell in love with her and left Lisa Marie.
- He has a son from Bonham Carter named Billy Ray Burton, born in, 2003.
- He also has a daughter, Nell Burton, born in 2007.
- The couple presently resides in Belsize Park, London.
- The former British Prime Minister Herbert Henry Asquith was Bonham Carter's great-grandfather.
- So, they owned his house in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire.
- They also possess a house in Sutton Courtenay in Oxfordshire.
- Tim Burton is an intimate friend of Johnny Depp.
- He is his son's godfathers soon after his birth.
- In “Burton On Burton,” Depp stated for Tim, “What more can I say about him?
- Burton is a brother, a friend, my godson's father. He is a unique and brave soul, someone that I would go to the ends of the earth for, and I know, full and well, he would do the same for me."
Some of Tim Burton animated and produced films are as follows.
- The Fox and the Hound (1981)
- Tron (1982)
- The Black Cauldron (1985)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- Batman Returns (1992)
- Cabin Boy (1994)
- Batman Forever (1995)
- James and the Giant Peach (1996)
- Corpse Bride (2005)