India Independence Day 2014
Why do we Clebrate the 15th August in INDIA (INDIA Independence Day)?
”15th August in INDIA” is an auspicious term that reminds the world about The Independence Day in India, which is celebrated to memorialize its independence from the British rule. 1947 was the year of the rebirth of India as a sovereign nation.
How is the 15th August in INDIA (INDIA Independence Day) celebrated?
- 15th August in INDIA (INDIA Independence Day) has been declared a national holiday ever since India got independence. It is marked by the celebrations all over the country, flag-hoisting ceremony, parades, national anthems being sung, distribution of sweets.
- 15th August in INDIA, The capital of India, Delhi brightens up with colorful parade and harmonious speech delivery of the president and prime minister and other leaders during the celebrations. The National Flag is hoisted at the Red Fort by the prime minister.
- In speech comprises of the achievements of the government so far important agenda and issues that need further development.
- On 15th August in INDIA (INDIA Independence Day) the Prime Minister also pays tribute the freedom fighters of independence.
15th August in INDIA (INDIA Independence Day) Holiday
- 15th August in INDIA, in the capital New Delhi most of the Government Offices are decked up with attractive light effects. Flag hoisting ceremonies and cultural programs take place in almost all schools, colleges and other institutions of all the state capitals.
- The Flag Hoisting Ceremony is performed by politicians belonging to their constituencies.
- 15th August in INDIA, in private organizations the Flag Hoisting is done by a senior officer of the organization. Families and friends invite each other for lunch or dinner, or plan for an outing.
- Housing colonies, cultural centers, clubs and societies organize entertainment programmes and competitions based on the freedom theme.
- There is a popular tradition of flying kites on the Independence Day.
- The sky is swarmed with hundreds of colorful kites. And young as well as adults participate in kite-flying competitions.
- Everyone tries to cut the others kite threads. So that it falls.
When India did got the Independence?
- Louis Mountbatten who was the last British Governor-General of India declared the partition of the British Indian Empire into India and Pakistan on 3 June 1947.
- It was under the provisions of the Indian Independence Act 1947.
- 15th August in INDIA, in 1947, India became an independent nation and was marked by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's famous speech.
“At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance..... We end today a period of ill fortune, and India discovers herself again”
Proceedings After INDIA Independence
- Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru and Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel decided, Lord Mountbatten to proceed as Governor General of India.
- In 1948 the position was he taken over by Chakravarti Rajagopalachari.
- After holding the seat the primary responsibility was the unification of 565 princely states.
- He followed the policy of “iron fist in a velvet glove” aided by the military force to merge Junagadh, Jammu and Kashmir, and Hyderabad state into India. J&K also became a part of India when Pakistan king Maharaja Hari Singh signed the “Instrument of Accession” with India to protect J&K from Pakistan.
- India protected J&K by sending in its armed forces to counteract the Pakistani attack. Later by the intervention of UN cease fire was declared but Pakistan has not withdrawn its military forces till today, from the occupied portion and territory termed as POK (Pakistan Occupied Kashmir).
- Since then it has been a bone of contention between India and Pakistan.
Framing of Constitution
- The constitution was framed and filed on 26 November 1949 by the constituent assembly.
- The Republic India was officially proclaimed on 26 January 1950 and Dr. Rajendra Prasad was elected as the first President of India, replacing Governor General Rajgopalachari.
- Later sovereign India merged two other territories, Goa and Pondicherry. In 1952, first general elections were conducted.
- The polled in votes were estimated to be 62% and this declared India as the world's largest democratic country in the world.
INDIA Independence Day Quotes
We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made!"
- INDIA Independence Day Quotes by Albert Einstein
Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better...
- INDIA Independence Day Quotes by Albert Camus
In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be won...
- INDIA Independence Day Quotes by Franklin D. Roosevelt
Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves...
- INDIA Independence Day Quotes by Abraham Lincoln
India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border!"
- INDIA Independence Day Quotes by Hu Shih
Liberty is the breath of life to nations...
- INDIA Independence Day Quotes by Bernard Shaw
Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men...
- INDIA Independence Day Quotes by Dwight D. Eisenhower
It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you...
- INDIA Independence Day Quotes by Dick Cheney
Events in August
- National Minority Donor Awareness Day 2014
- National Girlfriends Day 2014
- Friendship Day 2014
- Sister Day 2014
- National Watermelon Day 2014
- National Mustard Day 2014
- British Columbia Day 2014
- National Coast Guard Day 2014
- National Root Beer Float Day 2014
- National Night Out 2014
- Dollar Day 2014
- Iowa State Fair 2014
- Eid Ul-Fitr 2014
- National Polka Day 2014
- Grenada Carnival 2014
- Victory Day 2014
- Kentucky State Fair 2014
- National Navajo Code Talkers Day 2014
- National Creamsicle Day 2014
- National Relaxation Day 2014
- India Independence Day 2014
- National Failures Day 2014
- True Love Forever Day 2014
- National Rum Day 2014
- National Joke Day 2014
- Bad Poetry Day 2014
- National Aviation Day 2014
- National Potato Day 2014
- National Radio Day 2014
- National Thrift Store Day 2014
- National Spumoni Day 2014
- Senior Citizen Day 2014
- Minnesota State Fair 2014
- New York State Fair 2014
- Be an Angel Day 2014
- Daffodil Day 2014
- National Waffle Day 2014
- Notting Hill Carnival 2014
- Womens Equality Day 2014
- National Dog Day 2014
- Dream Day 2014
- Vermont State Fair 2014
- International Bacon Day 2014
- 12World Maths Day 2014
- 12Plant a Flower Day 2014
- 12Girl Scouts Day 2014
- 13Palm Sunday 2014
- 13World Kidney Day 2014
- 13Earmuff Day 2014
- 13National Jewel Day 2014
- 14Pi Day 2014
- 14National Potato Chips Day 2014
- 14Learn About Butterfly Day 2014
- 15National Pears Helene Day 2014
- 15World Consumer Rights Day 2014