When National Lollipop Day is celebrated
The National Lollipop Day is celebrated on July 20th every year.
How can National Lollipop Day be celebrated?
- So National Lollipop Day is to go out, have fun and enjoy the especially made lollipops on the day.
- The manufacturers start preparing for Lollipop Day in advance.
- Different colors, shapes and flavors of the lollipops are manufactured to celebrate the Lollipop Day.
- Variety of attractive gift packs of lollipops is available.
- Lollipop Day is extremely enjoyable for the kids.
- They are not restricted to have dozens of palate tickling lollipops on the day.
History of Lollipop day
- There are many stories about the invention of lollipop.
- George Smith declared to be the first to originate the modern lollipop in 1908.
- George Smith thought of putting hard candies on a stick to make them easier to eat. George Smith named the discovered delight after his favorite racing horse, Lolly Pop. The name and later became the trademark.
- Racine Confectioners Machinery Co. created a machine to automate the lollipop making process.
- The machine could make 40 lollipops per minute.
- So, the manufacturing company claims credit for inventing the first lollipop machine.
- However some also say that Samuel Born, was the first to automate the lollipop-making process.
- Lollipop manufacturing developed in California and Samuel Born invented the “Born Sucker machine” in 1916.
- This machine had the ability to automatically insert the stick to the candy, which augmented the popularity of the confection.
- Gradually lollipops developed into different looks, flavors and colors.
Myths and facts about lollipop
- Previously, the lollipop was a traditional hard candy on a stick or a hard candy on a ring.
- It contained bubble gum or chocolate in the center to enhance the taste.
- Sometimes the lollipop used to spin or glow.
- But the fact is whether traditional or novel, the lollipop is very favorite item for almost all candy lovers.
Process of making lollipop
- The lollipop manufacturing process is not very typical.
- Candy is made by mixing heated sugar and corn syrup.
- After cooking colors and flavors are added.
- The mixture then goes to a machine that forms the head of the lollipop and inserts the stick.
- Machine can be preset to form a desired shape of the lollipop.
- Then the lollipops are cooled.
- Finally, it is packed in attractive wrappers and shipped.
Variety of Lollipops
- Tootsie Pops are the largest Selling lollipops.
- Tootsie Pops are homegrown and manufactured in Chicago.
- The production of over 20million lollipops is done each day by the manufacturers.
- It meets the demand of millions of people around the world thus listing
- Tootsie Pop is world the largest lollipop producer.
- Many scientists were involved in studing this pop at Purdue University, Yale, Cornell University, University of Michigan.
- They were reasearching, to conclude how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
- Tootsie Pops does not contain fats and has only 60 calories.
Some of the lollipops in the Tootsie family:
- Tootsie Pops
- Valentine's Pops
- Halloween Pops
- Santa Pops
- Tootsie Pop Miniatures
- Blow Pops
- Carmel Apple Pops
- Charms Flat Pops.