Hilary Swank Birth Details
Hilary Ann Swank was born on July 30, 1974, Lincoln, Nebraska.
Importance of Hilary Swank
Hilary Swank is an American actress.
Hilary Swank Early Life
Swank is the daughter of Judy Swank and Stephen Swank,.
- Hilary Swank mother was a secretary and dancer.
- Hilary Swank father was an officer in the Air National Guard and a traveling salesman.
- Hilary Swank brother is Dan. Most of her family members hail from Ringgold County, Iowa. Swank was brought up in a trailer park in Bellingham, Washington.
Hilary Swank Early Success
- Hilary Swank was only nine years old when Swank performed on stage starring in The Jungle Book.
- Since Hilary Swank childhood, Hilary Swank remained involved in school and community theater programs. Hilary Swank participated in the Bellingham Theatre Guild.
- Hilary Swank was schooled from Sehome High School in Bellingham.
- Hilary Swank also participated in the Junior Olympics and the Washington state championships in swimming.
- Hilary Swank was ranked fifth in the state in all-around gymnastics.
- when Hilary Swank was thirteen Swank's parents separated
- But Hilary Swank mother supported her ambition to become an actress.
- Hilary Swank moved to Los Angeles, where they faced financial problems.
- Swank has expressed that her mother is the inspiration of her acting career and her life.
Hilary Swank Career
- In California, Hilary Swank took admission in South Pasadena High School and started acting professionally.
- Hilary Swank started earning by acting in television programs such as “Evening Shade” and “Growing Pains.”
- In 1994 Hilary Swank starred in “The Next Karate Kid” with Pat Morita.
- In 1997, Hilary Swank portrayed as Carly Reynolds on Beverly Hills, 90210.
- Hilary Swank character ended after 16 episodes in January 1998.
- Swank expressed that Hilary Swank was devastated at being cut from the show, thinking, "If I'm not good enough for 90210, I'm not good enough for anything."
- Hilary Swank got a role in firing which was a lucky break for her.
- Hilary Swank performed the role of Brandon Teena in “Boys Don't Cry.”
- Hilary Swank had to reduce a lot of her body fat to prepare for the role.
- In 1999 Swank won the Golden Globe and Oscar for Best Actress.
- Hilary Swank again won the Best Actress Oscar and Golden Globe for playing a boxer in film “Million Dollar Baby.”
- It was a role for which Hilary Swank was trained in the ring and had to gain 19 pounds of muscle.
Hilary Swank Achievement
- Success of “Million Dollar Baby” led her to the ranks of Vivien Leigh, Helen Hayes, Sally Field, and Luise Rainer.
- It was so because Hilary Swank was the only actresses to have been nominated for Academy Awards twice and win both times.
- Hilary Swank is the third-youngest double Best Actress Award winner.
- When Hilary Swank won her second Oscar, Hilary Swank expressed, "I don't know what I did in this life to deserve this. I'm just a girl from a trailer park who had a dream."
- Hilary Swank had earned only $75 per day in “Boys Don't Cry,” which excelled to a total of $3,000.
- In 2007, Hilary Swank starred in and also produced “Freedom Writers.”
- It was a drama based on real-life teacher who inspired a California high school class.
- Hilary Swank also acted in “The Reaping”.
- It was a horror film released on April 5, 2007.
- In the film s Hilary Swank plays a debunker of religious phenomena.
- Hilary Swank also portrayed in the romantic comedy “PS, I Love You” with Gerard Butler. It was also released in the year 2007.
- Hilary Swank was gifted a star on the “Hollywood Walk of Fame” on January 8, 2007.
- It was the 2,325th star presented.
- Hilary Swank would be acting as “Amelia Earhart,” and co-producing a biopic titled “Amelia.” Swank would also be starring in the Hollywood remake version of “Intimate Strangers.”
Hilary Swank Personal Life
- Swank has described herself as a "homebody."
- Hilary Swank is a spiritual person but not a member of a religious association.
- Hilary Swank is athletically inclined and thatHilary Swank love sports.
- Swank developed serious health problems, due to certain preparations for her roles, including weight gain and weight loss for some films.
Hilary Swank Marital Life
- In 1997, Hilary Swank married actor Chad Lowe.
- The two met in 1992, while filming for “Quiet Days” in Hollywood. In January 2006, the couple separated and in May 2006 they filed divorcing.
- Hilary Swank confirmed in 2006 thatHilary Swank was dating John Campisi, her agent.