Henry Ford Birth Details
Henry Ford was born on July 30, 1863 Detroit, Michigan.
Importance of Henry Ford
- The Ford Motor Company founder Henry Ford and father of modern assembly lines used in mass production.
- Henry Ford invented and introduced the Model T automobile.
- The model infused a revolution in transportation and American industry.
Henry Ford Early Life
- Henry Ford father was William Ford, belonged to Ireland. Henry Ford mother was Mary Litogot Ford. She was born in Michigan.
- Henry had four siblings, Margaret Ford, Jane, William Ford, and Robert Ford.
- Henry Ford used to walk four miles to church every Sunday when Henry Ford was twenty years old.
- Ford was shattered when his mother died in 1876.
- Henry Ford father wanted him to take over the responsibility of the family farm but Henry hated farm work.
- Henry Ford also told his father, "I never had any particular love for the farm—it was the mother on the farm I loved."
Henry Ford Career
- In 1879, Henry Ford left his family and home and started working as an apprentice machinist in Detroit.
- Henry Ford e worked with James F. Flower & Bros. and Detroit Dry Dock Co.
- In 1882, Henry Ford came back to Dearborn and decided to work on the family farm.
- Henry Ford was so proficient in operating the Westinghouse portable steam engine.
- That Henry Ford was hired by Westinghouse Company to service their steam engines.
- In 1891, Henry Ford joined as an engineer with the Edison Illuminating Company. In 1893, Henry Ford was promoted to Chief Engineer.
- hen, Henry Ford had spare time and money to dedicate to his interest in experiments on gasoline engines.
- In 1896, the experiments resulted in the development of a self-propelled vehicle named the Ford Quadricycle.
- enry Ford designed and did the experiment on a second vehicle. It was completed in 1898. In1899, Henry Ford founded the Detroit Automobile Company.
- However, Henry Ford was not happy because the automobiles manufactured were of a lower quality and higher price.
- So, the company was not successful and closed in January 1901.
Henry Ford First Achievement
- The Model T was introduced by henry ford in the year 1908.
- It consisted of steering wheel on the left.
- The engine and transmission were enclosed and the cylinders were cast in a solid block.The suspension used two semi-elliptic springs.
- This is followed as a standard till now.
- The car was not complicated at all to drive.
- It was simple and cheap to repair.
- It could be purchased at $825 in 1908.
- By 1920s a majority of Americans were skilled to drive on the Model T.
- Henry Ford was the owner of the Ford Company and one of the richest person in the world.
- Henry Ford is credited with the large scale production of numerous inexpensive automobiles. These auotomobiles were based on the assembly line.
- High wages were paid to his workers.
- Henry Ford had a foccused global vision.
- Henry Ford did not have accountants in his company.
- It was amazing that his company aws never audited under his administration.
- Henry Ford was dedicated to lowering costs which resulted in many technical and business innovations.
- It founded a franchise system that lead to a dealership in every city in North America, and most of the major cities of the world.
- Ford donated most of his vast wealth to the Ford Foundation.
- Henry Ford wanted and made arrangements for his family to control the company permanently.
- Ford had also entered the aviation business during World War I.
- Henry Ford built Liberty engines.
- In 1925, Henry Ford acquired the Stout Metal Airplane Company.
- Henry Ford’s most successful creation was the Ford 4AT Trimotor Aircraft.
- It was termed “Tin Goose” because of its corrugated metal construction.
- It was manufactured using a new alloy called Alclad.
- It was the combination of corrosion resistance of aluminum with the strength of duralumin.
- The plane was similar to Fokker's V.VII-3m.
- The Trimotor first took a flight on June 11, 1926.
- It was the first successful U.S. passenger aircraft.It had the capacity to accommodate about 12 passengers. in a rather uncomfortable fashion.
- Several variants were also used by the U.S. Army.
Henry Ford Married Life
- Ford married Clara Ala Bryant in 1888. Henry Ford supported his family by farming and running a sawmill.
- The couple had a child, named, Edsel Bryant Ford.