World Music Day 2014
Music is the soul of every human being.
What is World Music Day?
World Music Day is also known as Fête de la Musique. WorldMusic Day is a music festival.
Fete de la Musique firstly took place in England. But now World Music Day is spread over the entire globe. Fete de la Musique is actually a Lebanese music festival. World Music Day was firstly initiated by France. It was firstly ideated by French Dance and Music director Maurice Fleuret for the sake of Minister of Culture Jack Lang during the time of 1981. Though the festival took place in the year 1982.
When the Day is Celebrated?
- World Music Day is celebrated every year on 21st June.
Why the Day is Celebrated?
- Goal of World Music Day festival is to make propaganda of music in various manners.
- Novice and expert musicians are motivated to give their performances in the streets.
- The slogan Faites de la musique, which means "Make music” and homophone of Fête de la Musique, is utilized to make the music promotion.
- Several music concerts are arranged at free of cost.
- This concert provides the platform for the public attaining all the musical genres.
- The major qualification is to get the sanction from the official Fete de la Musique organization located in Paris that every concert should be accessible at free of cost to the public.
- Though it's not mandatory that musicians also play at free of cost, but many of them do so.
- There is no restriction for noise during the night of this music festival and it is also allowed by French law.
- The musicians without getting any fright play their music whole night and neighbors do not have the right to call the cop due to loudness of music.
Below is the name of different countries where World Music Day is celebrated
- Costa Rica
- Israel (in Tel-Aviv)
In New York, World Music Day was firstly celebrated in 2007.
How is the Day Celebrated?
In order to build peace worldwide by the means of music, this gala of music festival is celebrated joyfully worldwide.
Thus, celebration of World Music Day involves:
- Arranging speech of leading composers, musicologists and interpreters in order to gather the knowledge based on the essence of music and recent scenario of music.
- Arranging seminars of artists
- Organizing music competitions and quizzes
- Arranging different exhibitions of
- musical instruments
- Photographs typically based on musical themes
- Giving invitation to the delegations of musicians from other national committees in order to ask for their participation during World Music Day.
International Observance Slogans
- » Earth Day Theme
- » International Credit Union Day Theme
- » International Nurses Day Theme
- » International Womens Day Theme
- » International Youth Day Theme
- » World Aids Day Theme
- » World Blood Donor Day Theme
- » World Cancer Day Theme
- » World Environment Day Theme
- » World Habitat Day Theme
- » World Health Day Theme
- » World Heart Day Theme
- » World Mental Health Day Theme
- » World Ocean Day Theme
- » World TB Day Theme
- » World Tourism Day Theme
- » World Water Day Theme
- » World Wetlands Day Theme
- » World Youth Day Theme
- 25International Day for Elimination of Violence Against Women 2014
- 25National Parfait Day 2014
- 25White Ribbon Day 2014
- 27Thanksgiving Day 2014
- 27Thanksgiving Day in Australia
- 28Black Friday 2014
- 28Buy Nothing Day 2014
- 30St Andrews Day 2014
- 30Carers Rights Day 2014