National Iced Tea Day 2014
Although iced tea is a popular refresher throughout the year but it becomes more prevalent in the months of May and June. Some countries celebrate the National Iced Tea Day on 10th of June.
Why This Day is celebrated
National Iced Tea Day is undoubtedly a favorite summer cooler of Americans, also because tea is good for health. National Iced Tea Day is cool and thirst-quenching, and universally enjoyed thought out America and other countries. The entire month of June is indulged in celebration and revitalization.
How This Day is celebrated
During the Annual National Iced Tea Month, In month of June Americans are encouraged to drink healthful glass of iced tea every day. People, simultaneously enjoy the picnic with cold tea in baskets and the pool is preferred for fun and revitalizing during the season along with iced tea.
- National Iced Tea Day is also a well known fact that tea has some medicinal advantages too.
- National Iced Tea Day helps in preventing heart diseases, cancers and tumors.
- National Iced Tea Day has been found very helpful in sore throats and colds, with addition of ginger and honey.
- National Iced Tea Day has a soothing and relaxing effect on the mind.
- Modern researches have concluded that one can drink and enjoy tea as there is no research to prove that it is harmful.
- Moreover, it has a great taste.
- National Iced Tea Day was in 1904, a tea plantation owner, Richard Blechynden set up a stall to sell hot tea at the St. Louis World Fair.
- But a large number of visitors demanded cold tea instead of hot.
- They needed something cold.
- He added ice to the tea and served it cold. It was an liked and became a popular coolant since that day.
- National Iced Tea Day was the first known use of iced tea.
- There are some national chains of restaurants in America where you can get a iced tea served in different flavor.
- There are many different ways to prepare ice tea. It can be enjoyed plain, with lemon or can be sweeten with sugar.
- Tea has naturally occurring compounds called phyto-chemicals.
- National Iced Tea Day helps the body in fighting diseases like certain cancers and heart problems.
- National Iced Tea Day protects heart, by maintaining healthy blood cholesterol levels and body, by a healthy immune system.
- Both black and green tea contains phyto-chemicals called flavonoids.
- These have effective antioxidant properties as compared to many fruits and vegetables.
- Antioxidants are able to neutralize free radicals, which plays a vital role in the treatment of chronic diseased such as various cancers and heart disease.
- Tea contains good amount of fluoride. Drinking tea helps in maintaining healthy tooth enamel.
- Drinking tea also helps in maintaining fluid balance. It is vital for normal body metabolism.
- All of us have some positive effect of fluids from beverages, fruits and vegetables.
Events in June
- Flag Day 2013
- Morticians Day 2013
- Fathers Day 2013
- Juneteenth 2013
- National Cancer Survivors Day 2014
- National Donut Day 2014
- National Butterfly Awareness Day 2014
- National Iced Tea Day 2014
- King Kamehameha Day 2014
- Full Moon Day 2014
- National Ice Cream Soda Day 2014
- Midsummers Eve 2014
- Flip Flop Day 2014
- Feast of John Baptist 2014
- St. Baptiste Day 2014
- National Handshake Day 2014
- Coal Miners Day 2014
- National HIV Testing Day 2014
- Friendship Festival 2014
- Paul Bunyan Day 2014
- Meteor Day 2014