George W. Bush was born on 6th July in the year 1946.
- George W. Bush is the recent President of the USA.
- George W. Bush was 43rd President of the United States
- George W. Bush was also elected as the 46th Governor of the city of Texas from the year 1995 to 2000.
George W. Bush Early Life
- George W. Bush is son of former American President. His name is George Herbert Walker Bush.
- George W. Bush father served as U.S. President from 1989 to 1993.
- George W. Bush mother is Barbara Bush.
- George W. Bush was elected as a President on 20th January in the yea 2001.
- George W. Bush was raised in Houston, Texas.
- They are four with siblings, Jeb, Neil, Marvin, and Dorothy.
- George W. Bush grandfather, Prescott Bush, was a U.S. Senator from Connecticut.
George W. Bush Career
- After completing his graduation George W. Bush joined his family business of oil.
- George W. Bush tried for the position of United States House of Representatives in 1978 but could not achieve success.
- George W. Bush gained the success over by defeating Ann Richards and was elected as Governor of Texas in the year1994.
- In the year 2000, George W. Bush gained the success of Presidency and chosen as the President for Republican candidate.
George W. Bush Contribution
- George W. Bush launched one program for tax cut in the year 2001 for American economy.
- George W. Bush planned and executed, invasion of Afghanistan during the month of October of the year 2001 in retaliation to the September 11 terrorist attacks.
- These terrorist attacks were a major turning point of his presidency.
- While addressing the nation, George W. Bush promised and assured a strong retaliation to the attacks. George W. Bush urged the nation to come together and help the families of the victims as much as possible.
- George W. Bush also proclaimed a worldwide War on Terrorism.
- George W. Bush planned to demolish Al-Qaeda, to seize Osama bin Laden and invasion of Taliban.
- As soon as George W. Bush was asserted that Iraq is possessing weapons for mass destruction, he ordered the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.
- In the year 2004, George W. Bush contested re-election against the Senator John Kerry.
- George W. Bush was criticized for handling of the Iraq War and some other issues.
- But George W. Bush was re-selected as The President on 2nd November in the year 2004.
- Even after George W. Bush got elected, received increased criticism and strart loosing republican support.
- President George W. Bush has undertaken a number of excellent measures in the educational field. George W. Bush has increased funds for the educational institutes like National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health as soon as he came to the power.
- George W. Bush has started education programs to enhance the understanding and knowledge of subjects like science and mathematics for American high school students.
- One of the excellent initiatives was the "No Child Left Behind Act".
- It aimed to know and minimize the gap between rich and poor students.
- George W. Bush tried to provide financial help to parents with students in low-performing schools.
- George W. Bush ordered federal funding to low-income schools.
- This landmark education initiative was constituted into law by President George W. Bush in early 2002.
- The initiative proved to be very successful.
George W. Bush Family and Marriage
- In 1977, George W. Bush met Laura Welch. Laura Welch was a schoolteacher and librarian.
- George W. Bush proposed to her after few months and they got married on November 5, 1977.
- After marriage they settled in Midland, Texas.
- George W. Bush joined his wife's United Methodist Church after marriage.
- In 1981, the couple was blessed with twin daughters, Jenna and Barbara.
- George W. Bush daughters completed their High School from the University of Texas in the year 2000.
- They graduated from Yale University, in 2004.When George W. Bush Governor of Texas, Bush complimented in one of his speech, "I saw an elegant beautiful woman who turned out not only to be elegant and beautiful, but very smart and willing to put up with my rough edges, and I must confess has smoothed them off over time."
- President George W. Bush has been criticized internationally for his aggressive policies, mainly by the global anti-war and anti-globalization organizations and their campaign.
- George W. Bush was particularly disliked for his foreign policy.
- George W. Bush has been viewed with very negative opinion of general public internationally as co-pared to the previous American presidents.
- France and Britain have opposed George W. Bush policies to a larger extent.
- George W. Bush h was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prizes in 2002, but George W. Bush could not win the award.