Dan Brown is famous as thriller fiction writer from America. His best achievement is for his contribution in bestselling novel “ The Da Vinci Code” in the year 2003.
Birth Details of Dan Brown
- Dan Brown was born on 22nd June in the year 1964.
- He was born and bought up at Exeter in New Hampshire.
- His name is Constance (Connie) and she was a musician. She used to play organ in a Church.
- His name is Richard G. Brown who was a popular mathematics teacher. He was a writer and editor of textbooks. He used to teach mathematics in Phillips Exeter Academy from 1968 until he retired in the year 1982.
Student Life of Dan Brown
- Brown has two younger siblings, Valerie and Gregory.
- He and his siblings were brought up at the boarding of Phillips Exeter Academy.
- But he had done his schooling from the public school of Exeter.
- He graduated from Philips Exeter in the year 1982.
- Then he joined Amherst College. He took fellowship in Psi Upsilon fraternity in this college.
- He again acquired his dual degree in English and Spanish in the year 1986 from Amherst College.
- He also used to play squash in this college.
- He used to sing for Amherst Glee Club.
- He was writing-student of novelist Alan Lelchuk.
Married Life of Dan Brown
- Brown got married to Blythe Newlon who is 12 years elder than him.
- His wife had an immense effect in pushing his career towards the success.
- They tied their knot in the year 1997.
- Location of their marriage was Pea Porridge Pond which is situated nearby North Conway at New Hampshire.
Career of Dan Brown
- Brown started his career as a musician by playing synthesizer along with producing a cassette for children with the collection of various tracks like "Suzuki Elephants” "Happy Frogs" and the cassette was named as “SynthAnimals”.
- Then he established his own record company entitled “Dalliance”
- Then in the year 1990, he launched a CD called “Perspective” and it catered to the adult market.
- Then he relocated to Hollywood in order to make his career in the field of piano playing and song writing.
- In order to spend his livelihood, he started taking classes in Beverly Hills Preparatory School.
- Then he started attending National Academy of Songwriters in Los Angeles and he attended many events there.
- In that academy, he fortunately met with Blythe Newlon, who was attached with this academy as the Director of Artist Development. She unofficially helped promoting various projects of Dan Brown in many ways by arranging many events, writing several press releases etc.
- In the meantime, he launched another CD entitled “Dan Brown” and few famous songs in this CD are “If You Believe in Love”, "976-Love" etc.
- Then he launched a CD called “Angels & Demons” in the year 1994.
- He began to work for “Digital Fortress” and he wrote a book of humor called “187 Men to Avoid: A Guide for the Romantically Frustrated Woman” along with his wife with the penname Danielle Brown.
- He started his career as a full time author by leaving his teacher career in the year 1996.
- In the mean time , Digital Fortress was brought out in the year 1998.
- Initially, his first 3 novels could not gather much popularity so far.
- But his fourth novel, “ The Da Vince Code” gained worldwide acclaim and got the top position in New York Times Best Seller list and it happened in the first week of its launch in the year 2003.
- Then this novel was released on the silver screen by Columbus Pictures in the year 2006.
- This film was directed by Ron Howard.
- In the year 2005, he fought a court case against writer Lewis Perdue due to the similarity between “The Da Vinci Code” and Perdue’s novels Daughter of God and “The Da Vinci Legacy” and Brown won the case successfully.