Importance of Chris Isaak
A renowned American rock musician, Isaak was listed by the people magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
Birth Details of Chris Isaak
- Christopher Joseph Isaak was born on 26th June, 1956
- Isaak birth place is Stockholm California.
- Isaak was the son of Dorothy, a potato chip factory worker and Joe Isaak , a forklift driver.
- Isaak has two elder brothers: Nick and Jeff.
Early life of Chris Isaak
- Joseph passed his high school from Stagg High School, Stockton, California in 1974. Further in 1980
- Joseph graduated from the University of Pacific, Stockholm California earning his bachelor’s degree in English literature.
- Joseph went to Japan for a year to study and started working in a film studio there.
- Joseph tried his hand at boxing as a light heavyweight amateur.
Music Passion of Chris Isaak
- Sideways his passion for music also continued as he sang at parties, playing rockabilly and Elvis Presleytunes on his guitar.
- The following year, he returned to America and soon after that in 1981 formed his band Silvertone with James Calvin Wilsey (guitar), Kenney Dale Johnson (drums), and Rowland Salley (bass).
- Joseph music career got a boost in 1985 when he signed a contract with warner brothers and released his first album “Silverstone”.
- The tracks Gone Ridin' and Livin' for Your Lover from the album gained immense popularity and were featured in David Lynch’s classic movie “blue velvet”.
- Isaak’s contract with Warner brothers was renewed in 1988 which paved way for the release of his best known cult hit song “wicked game “.
- Paradoxically, when the song was released in 1989 in his album “heart shaped world”, it did not become an immediate success.
- It was only when David lynch featured this song in his 1990 film “wild at heart” did it strike the chord.
- The song’s success established him as a constant name in American rock music.
- In 1995 isaak split with long time guitarist friend James Calvin Wilsey.
- Isaak is also remembered for a number of other cult hits notably “can’t do a thing (to stop me), somebody’s crying and baby did a bad, bad thing.
- A number of his songs have been used and featured in movies like “two hearts” (true romance –released 1993), “I’m so lonesome I could cry” (Mr wrong-1996),”I wonder” (fool’s rush in).
- The most notable song came in 1999 when his song “baby did a bad thing “was featured in Stanley Kubrick's final film,Eyes Wide Shut, starring Tom Cruiseand Nicole Kidman.
Acting Career of Chris Isaak
- Apart from music, he has also tried his hand at acting doing roles in movies like little Buddha (1993), Married to the Mob(1988), The Silence of the Lambs(1991), That Thing You Do!(1996), andA Dirty Shame(2004).
- Joseph even turned down the roles of Jeffrey Beaumont in David Lynch's Blue Velvet(1986) and Ray Sinclair in Jonathan Demme's Something Wild(1986).
Television Contribution of Chris Isaak
- In 2001, Isaak started his own television show “the Chris Isaak Show” featuring his real life band members along with numerous celebrity guests.
- The show was a comical journey into the world of rock music and also in the life of Chris Isaak following him on the road, into the studio and even into his ordinary life.
- Joseph also guest starred in"The One After the Superbowl, Part One" - the Super Bowl XXXedition of the television show “friends” and the miniseries “from the earth to the moon” which was aired on HBO playing astronaut Edward White.
- Isaak has been around in television for a while.
- Isaak has been presenting awards at a number of occasions like The 38th Annual Grammy Awards, CBS, 1996, The 1998 VH-1 Fashion Awards, VH-1, 1998, The 7th Annual Blockbuster Entertainment Awards, Fox, 2001 being the most notable ones.
Recent Life of Chris Isaak
- Isaak now 51 and still single continues to be a permanent figure in American rock music.
- This lonely surfer still continues his voyage and presently is a correspondent for “the tonight show” by jay leno.