Famous by the name of Makaveli and 2Pac, Tupac Shakur was a great American rapper. Those nicknames were actually his special stage names.
Birth Details of Tupac Shakur
- Tupac Shakur was born on 16th June 1971 at the place of East Harlem which is situated at Manhattan in New York City.
- His name was after the famous name of Tupac Amaru II, who was revolutionist in Incan.
- Tupac Shakur belonged to a political family.
- Afeni Shakur was his mother who was actively attached with Black Panther Party of New York during end of 1960 and beginning of 1970.
- When the revolutionary incident on his mother due to the acquisition of more than 150 charges in Panther 21 court case took place, he was born just after a month
- Tupac Shakur had to face lot many hurdles in his early life because of all those incidents.
- His Godfather who was also a high ranking Black panther, Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt., was suspected for the murder of a school teacher during the time of 1968, though it was overturned later on.
- Sekyiwa was his half-sister who is two years younger than him.
- Mopreme "Komani" Shakur was his step brother who often came to accompany Tupac in his recording.
Early Stage of Career of Tupac Shakur
- Tupac Shakur got admitted to "127th Street Ensemble’ which was very popular in Harlem.
- Shakur first achievement in acting was as the role of Travis and he played this role in “A Raisin in the Sun”.
- Tupac Shakur completed his second year of study from the institute, Paul Lawrence Dunbar High School.
- Then Tupac Shakur shifted to Baltimore School for the Arts to learn art of acting and his entire family also relocated to the same city, Baltimore.
- He also studied poetry, jazz and ballet in the same school.
- Though he could not afford to wear modern and classy clothes like others in his institution but he became one of the most famous identity due to his sense of humor, friendly attitude and supreme power in creating rap every time.
- Tupac Shakur considered as the most talented rapper in his school after wining many rap competition and he was accompanied in his success thoroughly by his friend, Dana "Mouse" Smith.
- During these days, he also acted in Shakespeare Plays.
- Tupac Shakur also performed as a Mouse King in “The Nutcracker”.
- Shakur got closely bonded with Jada Pinkett who became famous as Jada Pinkett Smith later on.
- In “Tupac: Resurrection”, Tupac acclaimed his friendship as a bonding from heart and Jada called him as his brother.
- After the relocation of his family to Marin City of California during 1988, Tupac became the member Ensemble Theater Company (ETC) with the wish of availing career in the field of entertainment.
- Tupac Shakur also got admission to Tamalpais High School there.
Later Career of Tupac Shakur
- As his mother was crack addicted, Tupac Shakur has to again move into the home of Leila Steinberg along with his friend Ray Luv and he was only seventeen years old then.
- Tupac Shakur was dropped from the high school.
- Leila Steinberg played the role of a mentor to his life.
- Leila Steinberg arranged a concert with Shakur Group which was named as Strictly Dope.
- After attending this concert, Atron Gregory signed him and established as rap-group named Digital Underground.
- During 1990, Tupac was appointed as a roadie and back-up dancer in this new group.
Achievement of Tupac Shakur
- Tupac Shakur debutant professional release was “Same Song” from the album “This is an EP Release”, which is the second contribution of Digital Underground in the music field.
- Tupac Shakur also debuted in music video for “Same Song”.
- Then he performed for the “Sons of the P” album from Digital Underground.
- Tupac solo debutant was the “2Pacalypse now” album, which was found to be difficult to get marketed. Then two executives of “Interscope Records “, Tom Whalley and Ted Field agreed to circulate the album.
- In 1993, he released his next record Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z which gave two hits "I Get Around” and “Keep Ya Head Up".
- At the end of 1993, he formed a group along with his friend by the name of “Thug Life”.
- Tupac Shakur included his stepbrother Mopreme Shakur, Macadoshis, Rated R and Big Syke as his team member.
- Tupac first album from this group Thug Life Vol1 released on 26th September 1994.
More Details about Tupac Shakur
Due to few controversial activities, Tupac Shakur’s life did not go smooth. After a huge contribution in rap song, this great soul died on 13th September, 1996.