- Newt Gingrich or Newton Leroy Gingrich has left his imprint to the life of American as a great politician.
- Newt served United States House of representative as a speaker from the year 1995 to 1999.
- Newt Gingrich was chosen as “Person of The Year” by Times Magazines for his ever-remembered leading role in republican revolution.
- During the time of his major contribution as a speaker, Newt Gingrich stood as the spokesperson of the republic opinion and he did it against Bill Clinton.
Birth Details and Personal Life of Newt Gingrich
- Newt Gingrich was born on 17th June, 1943 at Harrisburg in Pennsylvania.
- Newt was a first baby of 19 year old Newton Searles McPherson and 16 year old Kathleen Daugherty.
- Gingrich mother single handedly reared him up until she got married to Robert Gingrich.
- Robert Gingrich adopted Newt.
- Candace Gingrich was his half-sister who took birth when Newt already turned young adult.
- Candace Gingrich became gay and lesbian activist in her lifetime.
- As Newt belonged to a military family, he had to move to other cities and completed his study from different military schools.
- In 1961, he ultimately successfully acquired his graduation certificate from Baker High School located at Columbus in Georgia.
- In 1965, He did his B.A degree from Emory University in Atlanta.
- From the Tulane University in New Orleans, he completed M.A. in 1968 and in 1971 he completed his PhD in Modern European History.
- Gingrich started his career as history professor in University of West Georgia located at Carrollton in Georgia. He was there from 1970 to 1978 as an untenured professor.
- Newt Gingrich also took class of Renewing American Civilization at Kennesaw State University in the year 1993.
Marital Details of Newt Gingrich
- Newt Gingrich knotted tie with three separate women in his life.
- First, Newt Gingrich got married to his high school geometry teacher, Jackie Battley, when he was only 19years old.
- In 1977, Newt divorced Jackie Battley when he got involved with Ann Manning and it also ended up in 1981.
- In the same year, Newt Gingrich got married to Marianne Ginther and this relation lingered up to the year 2000.
- In 2000, he got again involved with 33 year old Callista Bisek who is also a congressional staffer and tied his knot in the same year.
- Jackie and Kathy are his two daughters from his first marriage.
Election Challenges of Newt Gingrich
- During the time of 1974 and 1976, Gingrich stood against Jack Flynt who was known as conventional democratic.
- Flynt for the first time experienced real challenge after the Gingrich stood against him for the two times. Though it was evident Flynt was serving congress from the time of 1955.
- Gingrich chose to re-elect for the six times from the district.
- In 1990 during the House Election, Newt won over David Worley. David Worley was strict democrat and Newt Gingrich lost this election only 974 votes.
Other Achievements of Newt Gingrich
- Gingrich established Congressional Aviation and Space Caucus and also the Congressional Military Reform Caucus (MRC) during the year 1981.
- Newt Gingrich contributed in the establishment of the Conservative Opportunity Society in the year 1983.This group comprised of young and conservative blood of House Republicans.
- In the same year, Gingrich claimed the dismissal of Gerry Studds and Dan Crane who were representative members of the group. Newt Gingrich claimed this due to their performance in Congressional Page sex scandal.
- During the campaign session in 1994, in order to gather the distant wings of Republican party by moving the Democratic policies, Gingrich introduced his and Dick Armey’s contract with America.
- This contract was duly singed by Gingrich and other members of Republic for the sake of House of Representatives.
- This contract became popular due to its support in term limits welfare reform, balanced budget law, tougher crime laws etc.
Negative Image of Newt Gingrich
- Newt Gingrich was convicted with the 84 ethic charges which included tax exempt in those college courses which are going on for political purpose.
- In the year 1997, he was claimed to be removed as a Speaker by some House Republicans. It was on air that this was a complete conspiracy, and blameworthy for this were few backbenchers like Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Mark Souder of Indiana, Steve Largent of Oklahoma.
After Congressional Life
- After so much so controversial existence in Congressional life, Gingrich has several other contributions in US history.
- Newt is senior member of “think tank American Enterprise Institute” and this institute deal with the issues like Information technology, health care, the military and the politics.
- Newt Gingrich was addressed as a prime contributor in Fox News Channel. Many a time, he even hosted for this channel and appeared as guest.
- Gingrich was honored for writing a book “Rediscovering God in America”.
Recent life of Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich even showed his interest to become nominee in Presidency for 2008 republican during the time of 2005 and 2007