Are you debating whether to buy a washing machine or not? Then the following discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of a washing machine would aid you in your decision making process. The advantages and disadvantages of the different types of machines are also given. You can analyze these points and decide the best for you.
- With a laundry machine at home, you need not make your regular/frequent runs to the Laundromat or slog washing loads of laundry by hand.
- You can wash your clothes, without any contamination, whenever you want.
- You can use the spare time to do other important things that need your attention.
- You can wash heavy loads, those that you cannot wash by hand, all at once with a washing machine.
- You can customize the washing programs or procedures to the kind of clothing you need washed. This saves your clothes.
- A laundry machine takes water, detergent and electricity to run, increasing your household energy and water bills. Compared to the expenses at a Laundromat, this would be cheaper. However, when compared to hand washing, this would be higher.
- You need extra space in the house to store the washing machine. If you have a small house or an apartment, it would be a stretch for you to house a washing machine.
- People supporting green living would consider a washing machine an energy guzzler.
Washing Machine Types
- No need to bend and pull clothes
- Cleans well
- Uses less water
- Spin cycles are fast
- High vibration because of fast spins
- Quite expensive
Advantage: Ideal for small areas
Disadvantage: Holds only few clothes at a time
- Less expensive
- Uses more energy and water
Top Loader with High Energy Efficiency
- New design
- Advanced technology
- Uses lesser energy and water
- Clothes can get tangled due to fast spin cycles
- Very expensive