Greater Gulf State Fair 2014
Where: Mobile, Alabama Fairgrounds
When: Friday, October 24 - Sunday, November 2, 2014.
Greater Gulf State Fair is relatively a new fair held in Mobile, Alabama every year. Generally, the fair begins in the late October and lasts for 10 days. This year the fair is tentatively scheduled to start on October 24th. The fair will come to an end on November 2nd, 2014.
Greater Gulf State Fair was first organised in 1950. Though it is a comparatively new fair, it has all the key ingredients that are peculiar in a state fair. Around 90 acre land located in the west side of Mobile is used for the Greater Gulf State Fair. During the fair the area will be well equipped with grandstand, midway and exhibit buildings. Carnival rides, concerts and numerous side show attractions make a family-friendly fair. The late fall schedule of the Greater Gulf State Fair provides the fair-goers a more favourable climate and lower travel rates.
There are plenty of attractions at the Greater Gulf State Fair.
- Major focus on animals and livestock
- Agriculture and livestock competitions
- Food stalls providing an opportunity to have regional foods
- Live musical entertainments.
- The fair gives an opportunity to the local entertainers to show their talent.
- Amusement park rides in the Midway attracts fairgoers of all ages. These rides will remain open till 2am.
- The rodeo and roping events.