Anthurium flowers are brightly colored red flowers of the Araceae family. They are mainly found in the tropical areas.
Anthurium Flower Meaning and Symbolism
The Greek meaning of the word ‘Anthurium’ is ‘Tail Flower.’ The heart-shaped open flower has gained the symbolism of Hospitality. They are mainly gifted to relatives and friends.
Anthurium Flower Facts
- The other names of the Anthurium flowers (due to their color and shape) are:
- Painted Tongue
- Tail Flowers
- Flamingo Flowers
- Boy Flowers
- Painter’s Palette
- The red flower of the plant is actually the Spathe, which is modified waxy leaf. The actual flowers of this plant are tiny red ones at the spike’s base.
- These flowers can be obtained in the following color shades,
- They are foliage plants.
- The different varieties of Anthurium plants include,
- Palmate Leafed
- Velvet Leafed
- Hanging Basket
- Anthurium flowers stay fresh for a long time. They can stay in a vase for about two to three weeks.
Care and Handling
- The Anthurium flowers should not be stored in cool temperatures or refrigerated.
- They need daily misting.
- Once in five days, you need to cut off ½ inch of the stems and soak the flower heads for about two hours.