Easter placemats are one such thing that brings color and festive mood on your dining table. We can find various types and designs of Easter placemats in the market, but the one which is made by you or kids will have a special place and feel in your heart. So below are few varieties of Easter placemats which we can make at home very easily.
The Easter Placemat which 3 years old and above can do:-
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Clear contact paper
- White paper
Instructions on how to make the Easter Placemat:-
Cut the construction paper into a large basket shape and glue this cutout to a large piece of white paper. This is the Base of the Placemat. Cut the Easter pictures and treats out of old magazines and paste them using glue onto the top of the border of your basket shape.
Kids can also decorate this base by coloring or cutting the color into egg shape and sticking on the base.
Once the glue gets dry cover both sides of the placemat with contact paper to reuse the Placemat. Simple and attractive Easter Placemat is ready for the Easter dinner.
Another Simple and Easy Easter placemats which kids can do:-
- A sheet of green construction paper
- Yellow and pink paper
Instructions to make the Easter Placemat:-
- Take the green construction paper and fold it into half lengthways. Along the folded lines cut the paper about 1 inch apart and 1 inch from the edge of the construction paper.
- Take the yellow and pink color papers and cut into strips about 1 inch wide. At a time, take one strip and pass through the green paper and then up through the first slit, down through the second and back up through the third and continue until you reach the other side of the green paper. Continue doing the same with all the stripes and finish the mat. Laminating this mat can prevent the damage of the mat.
- The kids will have loads of fun in making this colorful and bright Easter placemat for the Easter dining table.
Easter Placemats which Adults Can Do:-
- Plain and printed Easter fabrics
- Matching thread
- Batting or flannel
Instructions for doing Easter Placemat:-
- Cut the print and plain fabric 18" x 13"
- Cut batting or flannel 18" x 13"
- At 3" interval draw a line by measuring across each corner
- Stitch the outer edges by using straight stitch, sewing where marked across corners
- To turn right side out leave 4" wide opening
- Trim the corners with scissors carefully
- Turn right side out and stitch the opening
- From the edge top stitch around entire top 1/2"
- Beautiful homemade Easter placemat are ready to use for Easter Dinner
Attempt to make these interesting and easy placemats this coming Easter and surprise all your friends and families. You can create not only these placemats by using your imagination but create even better than these Easter Placemats. So don’t forget to make one this Easter!!