Dental implants are cylindrical-shaped implant, mostly made of titanium, which is planted into the jawbone like a natural teeth. Dental implants are used if a person has one or more teeth missing. It can also be attached along with a teeth, which is loose, to provide support to it.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
Mouth becomes more prone to diseases, cavities and development of plaque if a tooth is missing. Dental implants prevent this with the help of a fake tooth. It also prevents other teeth from shifting and becoming crooked. It also enables you to properly chew your food which becomes a difficult task if your teeth are missing.
It also prevents erosion of teeth which can be caused by consumption of acidic foods and drinks. It also prevents bad breath which can create embarrassing situation for you in front of your friends, family and colleagues.
Besides, dental implants also save you from embarrassment you face at the hands of your friends, family and colleagues. It also boosts your self-esteem. It may also cure you of any speech-related problem which may have arisen due to missing teeth.
Dental Implant Procedure:
- Dentist will first ascertain your dental history and conduct X-rays and oral examination to determine if you are fit to have dental implant. Those having diabetes, blood disorders or rare bone disorders are not recommended for such procedure. Besides those who are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy are discouraged from getting dental implants done.
The Dental implant procedure involves three phases:
- In the first phase, dentist administers local anesthesia to the patient and surgically places the implant into your bone. The implant will adjust with the bone by the end of four months. In the second phase, he will attach the post of the implant, which will give support to teeth, by performing a minor surgery.
- In the third or last phase, which will take quite a number of visits, he will take impression of crown of your teeth, the part which is visible to the eye. He will then make a replica of it and attach to the implant.
Cost of Dental Implant:
- Cost of dental implant varies from doctor to doctor. The more experienced the dentist, the higher will be the fees.
- These dental implants can last a lifetime if you maintain good dental hygiene by brushing teeth twice a day, flossing once a day and regular check-ups with the dentist. You must also make sure that dental implant is of good quality and balanced to ensure its longevity.
- Get your dental implant done and say bye-bye to embarrassment!