Boomerang is a kid's cartoon channel fully owned by the Cartoon Network. It broadcasts programs mainly in the US, UK, Republic of Ireland, some eastern European countries besides Australia and Spain, France, brazil, Germany and south Africa.
Boomerang was launched on April 1, 2000 in the US and mainly shows vintage cartoons from the archives of time Warner Animation, Metro Goldwyn Mayer, and Hanna barbera. The content broadcast from Hanna barbera far outnumbers the other two.
The shows are many and diverse. A few of them are listed as below:
- batman: the animated series regarded as one of the most iconic presentations for the character batman which was the creation of Bruce Timm for DC comics. This superhero, his legend and escapades is the content in this cartoon.
- Baby Looney Tunes: is a show that shows the popular characters of Looney tunes as toddlers.
- Superman: The Animated Series is produced by Warner brother's and stars the fictional Super hero called Superman. It was the flagship character of DC comics and is one of the most popular >cartoon characters of all time
- Barney Bear, produced by MGM is the story of a sluggish, sleepy bear who is always in pursuit of peace and quiet. Although an animal, barney bear has many uniquely human characteristics.
- Cow and Chicken is an award winning series about a Cow and her chicken brother and a character called the Red Guy who finds many ways of tormenting them. This series has won an Emmy award too.
- Dexter's Laboratory (Dexter's Lab) created by Genndy Tartakovsky was a series produced by Hanna-Barbera Cartoons for Cartoon Network. The series involves a boy genius called Dexter and his secret laboratory that is concealed behind a bookcase in his bedroom.
- Josie and the Pussycats, produced for Hanna barbera productions involves an all girl pop music band. This band tours the world with an entourage and get involved in many adventures and mysteries.
- Fantastic Four is again a Hanna barbera production that features the Marvel Comic series and characters from Fantastic Four.
- Richie Rich is a story involving a poor little rich kid called Richie rich and is based on the Harvey Comic's character of the same name.
- Top cat is another Hanna barbera production which features the escapades of a gang leader of a gang of Manhattan alley cats with the same name.