30 minutes for preparation and 30 minutes to cook
A measuring cup, A bowl, A knife to chop, A spoon to stir, A Wok.
Zunka Bhakri Ingredients
For the wet mix(ghol)
- Water– 1 glass
- Onions,chopped – 2
- Turmericpowder (Haldi) – ½ tsp
- Chilipowder – 1 tsp
- Besan(Bengal gram flour) – 1 cup
- Curryleaves (Kari patta) – 1 tsp
- Coriander(dhania) leaves – 1 tsp
For the Onion
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds (rai / sarson) – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic (Lehsun) paste- ½ tsp
- Ginger (adrak) paste – ½ tsp
- Onion, chopped – 2
- Chopped green chilies – ½ tsp
- Saltto taste.
Preparation Method for Zunka Bhakri Recipe
- Takea bowl, mix water, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, curry leaves and Bengalgram flour to make a wet mix or ghol.
- Place a wok on the stove and heat oil till it reaches itsboiling point.
- Now add mustard seeds, garlic paste, cumin seeds ginger paste,chopped green chilies, chopped onions and salt to taste.
- Stir this mixture well, until the onions shows brown coloration.
- To the wet ghol add this onion mix and stir hard for fiveminutes till the water evaporates.
- The Zunka is ready to be served piping hot.
- It tastes good with garlic chutney and `baajra'/’jawar’ rotis (Bhakri).