10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook
Measuring cup, Frying pan, A spoon to stir, Bowl, Knife.
- Besan(Bengal gram flour) – 1 ¼ cups
- Mustardseeds (rai) – 1 tablespoon
- Onions,chopped - 2 cups
- Cuminseeds (jeera) – 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida(hing) – ¼ tablespoon
- Ginger,chopped - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic,chopped - 2 tablespoons
- Greenchilli, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Turmericpowder (haldi) – ½ tablespoon
- Coriander(dhania), chopped – ½ cup
- Redchilli powder - 2 tablespoons
- Salt- to taste
- Oil– 2 tablespoons
Preparation Method for Zunka Recipe
- Place the pan on the stove and heat oil, addingmustard seeds.
- When they start crackling, cumin seeds, asafoetida and onionsare added and fried till onions are softened.
- Afteronion gets softened, garlic, ginger and green chilies are added and cooked forlittle amount of time.
- Nowadd the turmeric powder, chili powder, Besan flour and salt to taste.
- Letthis cook over a low flame till the flour shows a lightly browned coloration.
- Addtwo and a half cups of water to the mixture stirring continuously, making the Bengal gram flour thickened.
- Cookthis mixture over a low flame for five minutes till the Bengal gram flour givesan aroma
- Finally,garnish with coriander. Zunka is ready to be served piping hot.