Zafrani pulao takes 20 minutes for preparation and 30 miutes to cook and serves 4.
Measuring cup, Stirring spoon, A bowl, Pan
Quick And Easy
Zafrani Pulao Ingredients
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Cashew nuts – 12 pieces
- Almonds – 20 pieces.
- Raisins – 20 to 25 pieces
- Saffron – 1 to 2 pinch
- Nutmeg powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Ghee – 4 tsp
- Pomegranate seeds – ½ tsp (optional)
- Green cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Sugar ½ cup
- Milk ¼ cup
Preparation Method for Zafrani Pulao Recipe
- Wash the basmati rice with water twice and soak it in enough quantity of water to cover it up for half an hour.
- Place the pan on stove and heat ghee.
- Add almonds, raisins and cashew nuts and fry them gently.
- When this fried dry fruits mixtures cool, slice almonds thinly and break cashew nut in to two.
- Now drain the excess water from the bowl in which rice is soaked.
- In the pan containing dry fruits, add rice and overheat gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add green cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and boil milk and sugar
- Add saffron, pomegranate seeds, and rice with three and a half cups of boiling water to cook the rice.
- Stir this mixture once and cover the pan with a lid and let it heat on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Later, garnish with almonds, raisins and cashew nuts.
- Zafrani pulao is ready to serve.