Yoga is an ancient Indian practice which deals with the metaphysical state of the human body. It is having a lot of appreciation worldwide for its immediate and efficient results. Yoga doesn’t involve any artificial means of stimulation. It is completely dependent upon the alignment of the body and the control of breathing. There are many categories in Yoga which one would like to explore. Apart from improving your physical body it also enhances your mental state of mind. This aspect of yoga is unique and cannot be attained in any other form of exercise.
Tips for effective Yoga
For beginners who are taking up Yoga now here are some important yoga tips which you would like to note down.
- Yoga is most effective on the body, when the body is completely relaxed. Therefore the appropriate time for someone to do yoga exercise is in the morning. Many factors are involved for this particular tip. In the morning the body is well rested and is having maximum energy and also the climate in the morning is much pleasant when compared to any time in the day.
- You need be mentally ready to experience some pain in the initial stages. Due to the stretching done in each asana, you may feel little tingle in your body for the first few days till your body gets used to it.
- Yoga is mostly dependent on having a calm mind. Therefore you need to practice yoga in a very quite and calm place. It would be ideal if you do your yoga in a well ventilated and open space.
- Always clear your bowels before you start your yoga. There should be no toxic in your body while you are doing yoga.
- As you will be stretching a lot while doing the asanas, you need to wear loose clothing. When you are comfortable in your clothing you will feel it all the more easy for you to do your asanas.
- Like in any other form of exercise, do not start with complicated asanas right away. Get used to the easy postures and then you can slowly evolve in practicing difficult asanas.
- Never continue yoga if you are feeling weak. It is ideal to discontinue yoga for that day if you are feeling fatigue.
- Always take breaks between exercises. Continuous exercising will tire you easily.
- Most important of all is the diet which you will be maintaining. You need to have a balanced diet while you are practicing yoga.
- Your food intake should satisfy your appetite. Check with your diet the ideal ratio of grains, cereals and dairy products. Vegetables, fruits, honey and nuts are also very important as the part of your diet.
- Yoga internally balances your nutrition necessity. Therefore there is no need of you to diet or over eat. The natural process of yoga will help you in maintaining good health.
- Deep breathing is the most important aspect of any yoga exercise. Breathing is the focal point on which you have to concentrate in any asana. Inhaling and exhaling is continuous process in yoga. Most importantly, always breathe through your nose.
- You can carry a mat along with you when you are going for yoga. As you will be doing many asanas for which you have to lay down you will need a comfortable mat.