Yoga is a wonderful practice which keeps the body and mind fresh, active and healthy. Yoga has been practiced by sages since centuries. The word yoga is an origin from the Sanskrit language and it means “union”. In this, it focuses on breathing techniques and postures which helps the body to relax and gain strength.
Yoga is very beneficial for health. Yoga involves stretching, meditation, breathing, and relaxation. It has many variations that start from the simplest form of yoga like hatha yoga and goes to the strenuous form like power yoga or Bikram yoga. Yoga in any form is very beneficial from head to toe. Below is a list of yoga benefits:
Various Benefits of Yoga
Benefits of Yoga- Joints, Muscles and Bones
- A regular practice of yoga helps keep the body strong. When a person is practicing different asanas, it helps to balance the muscles in the body. The different variations help to strengthen the legs, feet, hands, lower back, abdominals and shoulders.
- The breathing and stretching exercise in yoga improves flexibility, tendons, joints and limbs. Yoga provides immense relief to people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis. It relieves a person from pain and stiffness.
- Yoga helps in improving the immunity system. Athletic forms of yoga like Bikram yoga, power yoga, Vinyasa yoga and ashtanga yoga are very beneficial. These forms of yoga become more difficult as you move ahead with it.
- Hatha yoga helps cure neck pain and severe back pain. The poses involved in this yoga strengthen the neck and back muscles.
- Yoga helps cure injuries like back and knee injuries, minor skin burns and pulled hamstrings.
- It also helps in improving the density of the bone. It is very good for women who are nearing their menopause.
Benefits of Yoga- Mental Health
- Yoga is the best way to relax one’s body and mind. It is the best psychological therapy. It enhances good mood, health and concentration. Yoga is also known to cure depression, anxiety and mood swings.
- Children suffering from hyperactivity and (ADD) attention deficit disorder can also be controlled by practicing breathing exercises.
- Yoga is a form of meditation. A person is calm and at peace.
- It is also used to help people come out of trauma and torture.
Benefits of Yoga- Health Condition
- If you are suffering from frequent headaches or migraines, then yoga is the best way to help you get rid of these. The asanas help in proper circulation of oxygen and blood to the head which can prevent all these problems.
- A continuous practice of yoga strengthens the immune system of the body as well as enhances the ability to heal from injuries and diseases.
- Yoga is a very good way of losing weight and keeps the body healthy. Therefore, power yoga helps in burning extra fats and calories that result in weight loss.
- Yoga is also very beneficial for women who are going through menopause as it easy out the body.
Benefits of Yoga- In Everyday Life
- People who are suffering from insomnia can get a sound sleep with a regular practice of yoga.
- A regular practice of yoga can maintain a high energy level in the body all day long.
- Yoga is a very good way of fighting back autoimmune diseases like fatigue, stiffness, weakness and malaise.
- Certain forms of yoga help in keeping control on the cholesterol level.
- Hatha yoga which is a slow paced form of yoga helps maintain a constant flow of blood in the body when a person concentrates on breathing.