Deep fryer, Paper towels, Slotted spoon for removing wontons from oil, Shallow dish for rolling the wontons in confectioner’s sugar.
Quick And Easy
Wonton Kisses Ingredients
- Wonton wrappers – 24
- Milk chocolate kisses – 24
- Confectioner’s sugar – enough to dust the wontons after frying
- Oil – enough to deep fry the wontons
Preparation Method for Wonton Kisses Recipe
Background of Wonton Kisses
Wonton kisses make a delightful snack which can be eaten any time in between meals. These unassuming-looking packets are full of chocolaty goodness within and are irresistible to old and young people alike. Wonton kisses are a twist in the tale of these Chinese side dishes, as one usually associates wontons with savory recipes.
Wonton kisses are vegetarian but not gluten free because of the wonton wrappers. As they are very rich in sugar, diabetics should be careful while eating them. They do have quite a lot of calories because of the chocolate and sugar and added to the fact that they are deep fried, so those who are on a slimming diet should be cautious. They are safe for expectant mothers to consume.
Note: Once you open the wonton wrappers, keep them moist by covering them with a damp paper towel until using them.
- Place a wonton wrapper flat on a plate or the counter surface.
- Put a chocolate kiss in the middle of the wonton wrapper
- Wet your fingers with water and moisten the edges of the wonton wrappers.
- Fold the opposite corners, pinching them together with your fingers to seal them.
- While folding the corners, make sure that the chocolate kiss is wrapped securely in the wonton wrapper.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer to 350°F.
- Fry the wontons until golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil on paper towels.
- Dust the wonton kisses with confectioner’s sugar.
- Serve, once cooled.