Health, in general is defined as the state where the body is free of any kind of illness. It is an indication of the effectiveness of our metabolic activity. Fitness on the other hand is being in good condition or being in good shape as your level of fitness indicates your stamina. Hence, Fitness is a precursor to good health. Today women’s health & fitness gains importance as they often tend to neglect their own well being in taking care of their family members.
Health and Fitness go hand in hand. So here are a few tips for women’s health & fitness:
- A healthy diet is the first step towards health & fitness. A healthy or balanced diet should include fiber-rich foods, fresh salads, protein-rich foods and fruits, nuts and dry fruits. Excess carbohydrates, sugary foods and fried foods are a no-no. They add lots of calories to the food.
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water. 8 to 10 glasses of water a day is recommended as it helps circulation and removal of wastes from the body as quickly as possible, thus preventing the accumulation of toxins.
- Exercises especially aerobics are very essential in keeping your body fit. Women can opt from a variety of physical fitness routines such as yoga, aerobic exercises, cycling, jogging or just walking and climbing.
- De-stress, as it is well known that women are more prone to stress than men. Unwinding from the daily grind is very important for women as women are more emotional than male. Practicing meditation, reading spiritual writings and breathing exercises are some of the things that help relax your mind.
- Do not neglect your physical well being. Make a visit to the doctor (gynecologist in particular) for a routine check up once in a while. An annual medical checkup is recommended, including a dental check up.
- Supplement your food with additional calcium and vitamins. They help in preventing health conditions particular to women, such as osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
- Avoid developing bad habits such as smoking and alcohol consumption. They are not only hazardous to your health but also accelerate your aging process. So if you want to look beautiful and fit give up these vices.
- Try switching to organic foods. You instantly cut down on a lot of toxic pesticides that gain entry into your blood stream through chemically grown crops.
These small changes go a long way in ensuring women’s health & fitness.