Starters & nibbles
Mixing bowl, Spoons
Quick And Easy
Watermelon and Tomato Salad Ingredients
As the name suggest the salad is made of only watermelon and tomatoes. The other simple ingredients which are necessary for making this dish perfect are –
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Preparation Method for Watermelon and Tomato Salad Recipe
Preparing watermelon and tomato salad is not at all a difficult thing. It is the easiest recipes which you can come across. Below is the preparation method of watermelon and tomato salad –
- Take a large bowl and put in watermelon pieces with the seeds and cube shaped tomato pieces. Sprinkle some sugar and salt with the pieces and mix them gently so that the pieces don’t break.
- Let them settle for 15 minutes.
- Now in another bowl take some onions and vinegar and oil. Mix them well so that they blend well. Add them to the watermelon and tomato salad bowl while stirring.
- Add a little black pepper if you like and store it in a refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes. Make sure you cover he bowl while storing.
You can serve the salad with anything you desire. The taste of the dish is bound to dominate al lthe other dishes.