Warqui Parantha requires about 30 minutes for preparation and 45 minutes of cooking time.
Measuring Cup, Frying Pan, Bowl, Rolling pin
Warqui Parantha Ingredients
- Flour- I kg
- Ghee- 50 gm
- Sugar-20 gm
- Salt- To taste
- Malai- 150 gm
- Fat- 200 gm
- Flour- 50 gm
- Kewra essence- Few drops
Preparation Method for Warqui Parantha Recipe
- Combine flour and ghee and sugar in a frying pan and heat this for about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and water and knead it. Keep it aside in a warm place for about 15-20 minutes.
- Make 10 equal balls from dough and place it in moisture. Next lightly coat each ball with dry flour and roll it to a circle of 6-7 inches. Divide the flour mixture into ten parts. Spread one part on each dough and roll it into a long sausage. Place the end of the roll on the center of the palm and wind the whole roll around it.
- Heat the frying pan and place the roll on the floured work surface. Roll these balls into thin circles of about 8-9 inches. Dust this ball with flour to prevent it from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Grease the frying pan with a little oil and heat the parantha on both sides till it has turned brown.
- For layering mix Malai, fat and flour together till smooth and add a little Kewra essence to it. Put a layer of this over the Parantha before serving. Serve hot.