Ven Pongal requires 10 minutes for preparation and 35 minutes to cook.
Measuring cup, A spoon to stir, A frying pan, Pressure cooker or a pot
Quick And Easy
Ven Pongal Ingredients
- White rice - 1 cup
- Yellow split moong dal - ½ cup
- Ginger, finely chopped - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - ¼ teaspoon
- Pepper corns - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5
- Cashew nuts, halved - 2 tablespoons
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - to taste
Preparation Method for Ven Pongal Recipe
- Place the pan on the stove and let it heat on low flame.
- Put the yellow moong dal in the pan and roast it, till a light aroma is released
- Make sure that it has not turned brown.
- Add washed rice to the roasted moong dal, adding slat to taste and 4 cups of water and is cooked using pressure cooker or traditionally in a pot.
- In a separate pan, add oil and add cumin seeds, peppercorns, curry leaves, pepper powder, asafoetida overheating a bit.
- In another small pan roast cashew nut in ½ tablespoon ghee till it turns golden and crispy.
- As soon as the mixture of moong dal and rice is cooked, roasted spices, ghee, salt, spices, cashew nuts are added to the dal-rice mixture and mixed well.
- Ven Pongal is ready to serve.