Vegetable Upma requires 15 minutes for preparation and 10 minutes to cook.
Measuring cup, Pan, knife, Bowl, A spoon to stir
Quick And Easy
Vegetable Upma Ingredients
- Semolina or Sooji - 1 cup
- Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Onion, chopped - ¼ cup
- Potato, chopped - ¼ cup
- Beans, chopped - ¼ cup
- Carrot, chopped - ¼ cup
- Peas, chopped - ¼ cup
- Curry leaves - a few
- Ginger chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli - 1
- Hing - a pinch
- Urud Dal - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon, sliced - 1
- Coriander leaves - to garnish
Preparation Method for Vegetable Upma Recipe
- Finely chop all the vegetables and keep them aside.
- Heat oil (2 tablespoons) in a pan till it reaches its boiling point and add curry leaves, mustard seeds, hing, urad dal, ginger and a green chilly.
- Add salt, garlic and mixed veggies when mustard seed crackles.
- Fry till the mixture softens and remove from flame and keep it aside.
- Now, add oil and fry semolina on low flame until it shows pale golden color.
- Boil water in a separate vessel and add as soon as semolina turns light golden brown.
- Following this, add all the fried vegetables kept aside.
- Let this be on low flame for 5 minutes.
- For garnishing sprinkle lemon and coriander leaves.
- Finally you have Vegetable upma piping hot.
- Vegetable Upma tastes good with chutney or sambhar.