Starters & nibbles
Vegetable and Champagne Soup Ingredients
- Shelled Green peas 3 cups
- Carrot finely chopped 1 large
- Finely chopped onion 1medium
- Bay leaf 1
- Sage, chervil and thyme a pinch each
- Salt pork one ounce
- Chicken stock 4 cups
- Dry sherry 1/2 cups
- Fresh lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Whipping cream 1 cup
- Brut Champagne 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation Method for Vegetable and Champagne Soup Recipe
- In a large saucepan add the vegetables, onion, bay leaf, herbs and salt pork pour a cup of stock and some water to cover it and cook over medium flame for few minutes. Now reduce the flame and simmer till the green peas get soft.
- Remove from heat and take away the onion, carrots and bay leaves and puree the remaining soup in a food processor. Strain and cook once again in the same saucepan, add dry sherry, lemon juice, and chicken stock and bring the soup to boil. As the soup starts boiling add salt and pepper according to your taste you can even reserve pepper to be added to the soup while it is being served.
- Whip your cream to form stiff peak and slowly fold it into the hot soup. Remove the soup from heat and add the last flavoring bit, champagne and serve the soup immediately.