It requires 10 minutes for preparation and 25 minutes of cooking to serve 4.
• Frying pan • Measuring cup • A knife • Mixer or grinder • A stirring spoon • A covering lid
Varhadi Aloo Bhat Ingredients
- Basmati rice, washed - 1 ½ cups
- Potatoes, diced - 4 big size
- Carrots, diced - 1 cup
- Cashew- to taste
- Dry coconut (copra), grated – ¼ cup
- Green peas - 1 cup
- Green chillies, chopped – 2 piece
- Ginger – 5cm long
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Cloves - 2
- Coriander seeds – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Yogurt – ¾ cup
- Oil - to fry
- Salt - to Taste
Preparation Method for Varhadi Aloo Bhat Recipe
- Basmati rice is washed, drained and kept aside
- Chop all potatoes in cube.
- Fry potatoes and cashew nuts together in a frying pan and kept aside.
- Mix ginger, green chillies, cinnamon, turmeric and coriander seeds and grind them.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan and fry the ground paste.
- Add fried potatoes cube.
- Add yogurt, rice and stir fry.
- Add 3 cups of water to cook the rice and cover it with a lid.
- Now, add fried cashew nuts at the top.
- Dress the final prepared Varhadi Aloo Bhat with coriander leaves and dry grated coconut and serve piping hot.