Vaangi Batata Masala takes 20 minutes of preparation time and 35 minutes of cooking time.
• Frying pan • A measuring cup or tablespoon • A Spoon to stir • A knife to chop • A bowl
Vaangi Batata Masala Ingredients
- Potatoes, diced - 500 gm
- Eggplant- 300 gm
- Onions, chopped- 75 gm
- Ginger garlic paste- 25 gm
- Chopped tomatoes- 25 gm
- Chopped coriander leaves- 10 gm
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 cm stick
- Turmeric powder – to taste
- Chili powder – to taste
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon- 1
- Oil- 50 gm
- Salt - to taste
Preparation Method for Vaangi Batata Masala Recipe
- Boil and dice the potatoes into the size of 2 inches. Fry these dices potatoes and keep it aside.
- Take the eggplant and dice it into similar manner. Fry it until cooked and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds and sauté. Add cinnamon and onion until golden brown.
- Add the other ingredients in the sequence that is stated in the ingredients list. Stir after adding each of them and sauté.
- Add potatoes and eggplant, low the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally squeeze in the limejuice and add the seasoning
- Serve Vaangi Batata Masala hot with the topping of coriander leaves.