A measuring cup, A knife, A spoon to stir, Frying pan, A bowl
Quick And Easy
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Water – 2 ½ cup
- Onion, sliced thin – 1 medium size
- Bell pepper, chopped – 1
- Potatoes, diced – 1 small
- Mixed vegetables (green beans, peas, carrot, cabbage) – ½ cup
- Tomato, chopped – 1 small
- Green chillies, cut longitudinally – 5 to 6
- Coconut grated – 2 to 3 tsp
- Coriander, chopped – 1
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil – to fry
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Black gram – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 8 - 10
Preparation Method for Upittu Recipe
- Place the pan on the stove and roast semolina on a low flame till it turns pale brown. Keep aside.
- In another pan, heat oil and add seasonings one after the other and allow them to splutter.
- Add and fry green onion and green chillies till the onions turn pale brown.
- Now add bell potatoes, pepper and all the vegetables and mix well.
- Water is added and boiled till vegetables soften.
- After this, add ghee, coconut, salt and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Lower the flame adding Semolina.
- When the rava is cooked, pan is removed from the stove and garnished with lemon and coriander.
- Upittu is ready to be served. It tastes good even when cold.