Quick And Easy
Traditional Appam Ingredients
- Raw rice: ½ kg
- Cooked rice: 1/ cup
- Coconut: 1 grated
- Water: 2-3 cups
- Sugar: 3tsp
- Salt: to taste
Preparation Method for Traditional Appam Recipe
- Wash and soak uncooked rice for 5 hours, wash again and drain the water.
- Grind with the cooked rice and grated coconut to a smooth paste.
- In a bowl of warm water mix sugar yeast and salt and let stand for 45 minutes.
- Then add to the ground rice mixture and let it ferment for about 8 hours.
- Heat an iron appa chatti, oil it and pour a small bowl of the appam mixture.
- Swirl the chatti till it spreads to the sides and some settles in the middle.
- Cover with a lid and cook for two minutes.
- Appam is cooked on one side only.
- Serve with a vegetable curry.