Frying Pan, Knife, Measuring cup, A stirring spoon, A closing lid, Hand Blender.
Tomato Rasam Ingredients
- Tomato - 3 med
- Green Chilly - 2
- Cumin seeds - 1/4tsp
- Garlic - 2pods
- Chilly Powder - 3/4tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/4tsp
- Asafoetida powder - less than 1/4tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1/4cup chopped
- Salt -to taste
- Tamarind - lemon size
- Mustard seeds - 1/4tsp
- Oil - 2tbsp
Preparation Method for Tomato Rasam Recipe
- The tomatoes are put in boiling water for 3 minutes and kept aside for 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add ¼ tsp oil, pepper corns and cumin seeds.
- Roast till aroma comes and then grind, powder it and keep aside.
- Peel off the boiled tomatoes.
- The tomatoes are then mashed or grated very fine.
- To the pulp add roasted chilies, leaves, spices, salt, tamarind, and jaggery and mash them with hand blender.
- Add garlic to the pulp and stir.
- The ingredients must be blended well with the pulp.
- Put this pulp mixture on the frying pan and add 4 cups of the top water of the boiled Dal.
- Heat ghee in a separate pan, add mustard and cumin seeds, asafoetida and allow spluttering.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes and keep aside covered with covering lid for 10 minutes before serving Tomato Rasam.