Parenting is a challenging job and one has to take care of every aspect. It becomes even more challenging for women who are single and working. There is always an additional responsibility that they have to take care of. When a woman is single she can manage with her day to day life but if she has kids and is working it becomes very difficult to balance work and home. Both these need equal attention. Below are a few tips for a single working mother.
Since single mothers are taking care of things with the support of their partner they have many obstacles to cross. These women are either widows or divorced. When it comes to raising a child there are a few thing that a single working woman has to take care of.
• Being a single working mother is tough as you have to take care of your job and your kids. In all this, you tend to get stressed out and are not able to get time for yourself. Try to take out time and relax.
• Though you may have a busy routine, you should still try and catch up with old friends so that you have your own breathing space.
• Do not hesitate to ask help from someone. Try to come out of your comfort zone and speak out.
• If you are getting too stressed out with your office work as well as household work, take a break for a couple of days and hang out with friends. You’ll feel great.
• When it comes to single working mothers, their life is all about their child and them. Make sure you spend quality time with your child and do not mix your personal and office life together.
• A regular interaction with your child is very important. This will help you to strengthen your bonds with your child. Always have an open and an honest conversation and let your child know about the new changes.
• Yes, it is true that after a certain point it becomes very difficult to balance your personal and office life. It may lead to stress, so you may get upset with a lot of things. Do not vent out your frustration on your child.
• Many single working mothers feel the need to go dating. There is nothing wrong about it. In such a situation do let your child know about what you feel but do not discuss anything personal if your kid is too small.
• There are many organizations for single working mother. These organizations help in bank loans and also provide with assistances.
• Since you are a single working mother, do not drown in self pity thinking that there is no one to help you. All you need to do is have an open mind and reach out to people.
• Single working mothers need to be mentally and physically strong to support themselves and their children. With the right advice and help you will be able to make your life better.