Starters & nibbles
Bowl, Skillet, Frying pan, Spoons.
Tabak Maaz Ingredients
- 1 lbs lamb or goat ribs (mutton chops)
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 heaping tsp ginger powder
- 1tsp freshly groundfennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (pinch of) hing/asofetida
- 1 heaping tsp kashmiri chile powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp or so salt (to taste)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbs sunflower oil for /liaising
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil for pan frying
Preparation Method for Tabak Maaz Recipe
Tabak maaz is simple to make. The method of making tabak maaz is given below.
- Cut the rib section in long pieces and see to it that the meat part is with the bones. Do not remove the muscle covering the bones.
- Take the yogurt in a muslin cloth and hang it for 2 hours. Add the spices to the yogurt and mix it well.
- Once the paste is made, rub the paste on the meat pieces and let it marinate for 5-6 hours at room temperature.
- Boil water and put the meat pieces in the water. Let it cook for an hour. The moisture in the ribs will be gone and the meat pieces will become tender.
- Put some ghee in the frying pan and let it heat for some time.
- When the ghee is hot, deep fry each meat piece in the frying pan. Fry till each piece is golden brown in color.
- Garnish the meat pieces and you can serve them hot with mint chutney or sauce.