People who are taking incorrect diets like processed foods, fried and spicy foods are doing no good to their health. Rather they are inviting serious diseases like stomach ulcer. Intake of alcohol, nicotine and leading a stressful life can also lead to stomach ulcers. Stomach ulcers are also formed due to some other primary disease. Stomach ulcers look like craters. They normally range in between ¼ inch to about ¾ of an inch. In few cases, they are as large as 1 to 2 inches. In this article you will be able to know about the causes, symptoms and home remedies for stomach ulcer.
Symptoms Of Stomach Ulcers:
- Pain in abdomen
- Problem in digestion
- Passing blood in stool
- Weight loss
Causes Of Stomach Ulcers:
- Intake of excessive alcohol
- Eating more food
- Consuming more spicy foods
- Food poisoning
- Intake of more coffee
- Existence of helicobacter pylori
Stomach Ulcers Home Remedies
Though doctors prescribe antibiotics for treatment of stomach ulcers at initial stage, those tablets have been found with lots of side effects. Hence it is better to follow some of the following simple and effective home remedies for treatment of stomach ulcers.
- Consume carrot juice for curing stomach ulcer. It produces an amino acid that helps in boosting the flow of blood to the stomach lining.
- Take raw honey with bread or daily meals. It attacks the bacteria and increases the strength of the stomach lining.
- Eat bananas to neutralize the hyperacidity in the stomach. It is the most accessible home remedy for stomach ulcer. It reduces the inflammation and increases the strength of the stomach lining.
- Consume brewed Fenugreek leaves. These leaves contain a compound called as mucilaginous, which coats and protects the stomach lining and facilitates the body in curing the ulcer.
- Marinate some of the wood apple leaves in water in the night. On the next day morning filter and drink the water to minimize the pain and inflammation.
- Increase the intake of citrus and fiber rich foods in daily diet.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to a glass of water. Drink it to reduce the soreness.
- Drink sugarless cold milk to help in reducing acid formation inside the stomach.
- Apply a hot pack on the abdomen. It will give you a healing touch.
- Drink goat milk regularly to get better result in treatment of stomach ulcers.
- Consume the juice of 5 blanched almonds daily. It helps in binding the acids present inside the stomach.
- Increase the intake of mineral salts and citric acid.
- Prepare a juice of spinach and carrot. Mix that with the juice of cabbage to make a great home remedy for stomach ulcers.
- Mix about 10 gms of drumstick leaves with water. Make a paste and add a ½ cup of yogurt to it. Consume the mix on a regular basis.
- Drink dandelion or chamomile tea twice a day at regular intervals. It is helpful in cleaning the internal system and clearing the bacteria.
- Drink more amount of water to dilute the acids present inside your stomach. It also restricts any further damage to the intestine.
However, it is strongly recommended that you should consult with the physician before combining these home remedies with conventional treatment of stomach ulcer.