Definition of Sterility
Sterility or infertility is referred to as the inability of a person to conceive. It also can be referred to in the case of a woman being unable to hold a pregnancy to full term. There are several causes for sterility, and accordingly several methods exist for treatment of this condition. Here we shall discuss the natural or home remedies for the treatment of sterility.
In women, the monthly cycle begins with the flow of blood which lasts for about 5 days. The fertile days however occur during the second and third weeks after menses. During this time eggs are produced in the uterus. However, sometimes ovulation (formation of eggs) does not occur due to certain medical conditions. There are some natural remedies which can be used, and will be discussed here.
In men, sterility is usually identified with a low sperm count or absence of sperms cells. Both cases are usually irreversible, but artificial. There are no confirmed remedies for sterility in men, but the condition can be improved by making some lifestyle changes which have been mentioned later in this article under the heading of “dos and don’ts”.
Natural Home Remedies for Sterility
There are countless remedies for the natural home treatment of sterility. A few of the most popular ones are mentioned below:
- Kelp and Vitamins: Kelp, with a combination of vitamins B-complex, C and E will help to conceive.
- Jambul Leaf Infusion: An infusion of the leaves of the jambul tree is made and consumed.
- Banyan Tree Roots: The roots should be finely powdered after being dried in the shade. Twenty grams of this powder is mixed into milk. The milk should be 5 times the weight of the dry powder. This should be consumed for three consecutive nights once periods are finished.
- Balanced Diet: This is one of the most important and practical advice for sterility treatment. The important foods to be consumed are nuts, grains, fruits and vegetables. It is good to eat cottage cheese and curd also.
- Lajwanti Seeds: A mixture of lajwanti seeds and sugar with a ratio of 1:1 should be taken. Six grams of this mixture should be drunk with milk in the early morning.
- Onions: Onions are a well-known remedy for sterility. Onions are believed to strengthen the reproductive organs and increase libido. The white variety is however said to be the most effective.
Dos and don’ts for Sterility
- Do have a balanced diet which should consist of fruits, grains, honey, cheese, vegetables, cereals, whole wheat, and yoghurt.
- Do drink lots of water. 2 to 3 glasses should be taken early morning on an empty stomach.
- Do drink a glass of pure milk before having sex.
- Do try to lose weight if obese as one of the main causes of sterility is obesity.
- Don’t consume junk food or any such fatty or oily food.
- Don’t eat food that has more salt or is sour, bitter or pungent in any other way. Sweet foods are beneficial. The best food to consume is any type of sweet prepared with milk.
- Don’t overdo sex, as excessive sex tends to cause the male sperm’s quality to deteriorate.
- Do avoid the testicles being exposed to heat for prolonged periods.
- Do avoid undue pressure on the testicles by avoiding tight innerwear and avoiding cycling.
- Do avoid cigarettes or alcohol as both are known causes of sterility