Pan or cooking vessel, ladle.
Quick And Easy
Split Pea Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups dried split green peas, picked over and rinsed
- 5 cups water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (reserve the zest)
- A few pinches of smoked paprika
- more olive oil to drizzle
Preparation Method for Split Pea Soup Recipe
- Add olive oil to a big pot over med-high heat.
- Stir in onions and salt and cook until the onions soften, just a minute or two. Add the split peas and water.
- Bring to a boil, bring down the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the peas are cooked. With the help of a ladle take out half of the soup portion outside and pour it in another bowl.
- With the help of an efficient blender, puree the soup that is still boiling in the pot. Now pour back the reserved soup (with chunks) back into the puree .
- Stir in the lemon juice and taste.
- Ladle into bowls or cups, and serve each drizzled with olive oil and topped with a good pinch of smoked paprika and a touch of lemon zest.