Starters & nibbles
Soup pot, ladle
Spicy Turkey Soup Ingredients
- Cooked and diced turkey2 cups
- Extra virgin olive oil1 tablespoon
- Crushed Garlic 2 cloves
- Onion1 cup
- Diced tomatoes1 1/2 cups
- Cayenne pepper1teaspoon
- Chicken broth4 cups
- Dried oregano1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf1
- Ground cumin1/4 teaspoon
- Frozen corn1 cup
- Minced jalapeno pepper2 teaspoon
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Tortilla chips1 bag
- Sliced Avocado1
- Lime wedges1
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese1 cup
Preparation Method for Spicy Turkey Soup Recipe
- In a pot, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil for about 8 minutes till they are translucent.
- Now add in tomatoes, cayenne pepper, oregano, bay leaves, cumin powder, corn, jalapeno peppers, and shredded turkey and sauté for about a minute. Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and then empty in the chicken broth and mix well.
- Stir the soup mixture and let it bubble boil for about two minutes and then reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for about15 to 20 minutes. Add little more broth if you feel that your soup is too thick.
- Into a soup bowl drop in a few broken tortilla chips and then pour the steaming soup over it. Garnish with shredded cheese, avocado slices and lime wedges. Add in more pepper and salt if you want and enjoy the perfect blend of spice, aroma and flavor in your bowl.