Spiced Chickpeas Chole Ingredients
- Chickpeas /Channa (white) - 1 cup
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2 big and juicy ones
- Green chilli - 1
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Garlic - 3
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Turmeric Powder -1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder -1 tsp
- Coriander Powder -2 tsp
- Channa masala Powder -1 tsp (available ready made)
- Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 1 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1
Preparation Method for Spiced Chickpeas Chole Recipe
- Soak chickpeas overnight and pressure cook chickpeas with a little salt for 4-5 whistles until chickpeas become soft.
- Grind ginger, garlic, green chilli and onion to a fine paste and keep it aside. Puree tomatoes in a blender and keep it aside. Heat oil /butter in a pan, add jeera seeds and bay leaf.
When you see the cumin seeds splutter, mix the grounded onion paste and sauté until the onions turn brown. Stir continuously.Then add tomato puree, all the spice powders, salt(required to taste) and keep stirring until you see the oil leaving the sides of the pan.Then add the cooked chickpeas, 1/4 cup of water and cook for a few minutes until everything gets blended well with the masala.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.