Do you feel your throat a bit scratchy? It may be the primitive sign of sore throat. You should keep a track for the signal of your body, and sore throat can also be an indication of another disease like flu or cold. There are different types of natural home remedies you can facilitate to treat sore throat, but in this article we would share some sore throat home remedies and guide lines for effective healing in addition to how to ward off sore throat in the future.
What is Sore Throat
Sore throat is a feeling of pain at the throat, you will feel very uncomfortable and feel difficulty to swallow foods with an unexplained pain, and it can be the reason of swollen tonsils or an infection and irritation in the throat.
Sore throat sometimes may be followed by cold or flu, but it can independently also occur which is caused by attack of bacteria and virus, the infection of virus can go in a few days but bacteria infection particularly from streptococcal bacteria (strep throat) will last much longer and you should visit your doctor for antibiotics and culturing the bacteria is the only way your doctor will be able to ascertain the kind of bacteria that cause your sore throat. The bacteria infection can irritate the function of heart and kidney if it is not handled on time and appropriately.
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treating the sore throat with home remedies is what could be the best option which we always want to do, as often people avoid seeing a doctor, may be because of some kind of phobia. There are some components you can use to soothe sore throat and prevent you from sore throat in the future which are easily found at home. Let's have a closer look what they are:
- Water - Drink Plenty of Fluid: Fluid will cleanse your throat and prohibit it from worse inflammation, and if you have a cold, it will prevent you from dehydration.
- Salt: Gargle your throat number of times with warm water and a little salt added to it can be useful and enable you reducing swelling and pain relieving discomfort of sore throat.
- Cayenne Pepper: You can also gargle with cayenne in water at an interval of every fifteen minutes. Although it doesn't always work instantly, if you've had a sore throat for days, you will require to continue the gargling for at least a couple of days.
- Garlic: Garlic is considered to be one of the best home remedies for number of diseases as it is believed to be one of the best natural antibiotics and antiseptics. You can relieve swallowing problems with garlic oil and it can also be facilitated to protect sore throat by consuming it regularly.
- Vitamin C: You can source vitamin C from fresh fruits like orange, banana, mango and apple, plum. It can enable you bolster immune system and combats germs that cause you sore throat. Consuming vitamin C supplement in the form of capsules regularly will cut down your chances to have sore throat in the future.
- Prepare Raspberry Tea: Raspberry leaf tea can also help you in your soar throat and makes a great gargle. This tea can be made by boiling 1 cup of water with 2 teaspoons dried leaves. Steep for 10 minutes and strain it. Allow it to cool. If you are also suffering with fever the gargle can be facilitated as a fever-reducing drink, too. Do not consume any liquid you have used as a gargle.
- Gargle with Sage: This medicinal herb is a great sore-throat relieving gargle. Mix 1 teaspoon of sage in 1 cup boiling water. Leave it to soak for 10 minutes and then strain. Add 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar and honey each, then gargle with this mixture four times daily.
- Gargle with Turmeric: Try this gargle to comfort your inflamed throat. Mix 1 cup hot water, 1/2 spoon of turmeric and 1/2 spoon of salt. Gargle with this mixture twice regularly. If you're not comfortable with the gargle you can have a cup of hot milk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric in it and drink.
- Gargle with Listerine: Another good home remedy for sore throat is gargling with Listerine mouthwash.
- Drink Cider Vinegar: Some doctors recommend this treatment and claim it to be surprisingly palatable and works wonders. But any other honey-containing food or beverage should not be administered on the children less than two years of age.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, preferably apple-cider vinegar and 8 ounces of hot water. Mix all the components together in a pot and sip gradually without allowing it to cool. You can use this treatment as often as desired.
As you can see now, sore throat is not a big problem if you can handle it at the initial stage. The pain caused by sore throat is severe, so the best thing to do now is to detect the sore throat at the very beginning by consuming enough fruits and vegetables to enhance your body's immune system.