Aging of their facial features make people nervous about their age. Sagging cheeks, crow feet near eyes, buccolabial folds, etc snatch the youth from the face. This decreases the self esteem and confidence of people. Those who belong to glamour world need this procedure to keep them looking fresh, alive, rejuvenated and youthful.
Precautions For Rhytidectomy
- No doubt Rhytidectomy makes a person look younger by 5-10 years but at the same time it is imperative to take certain precautions.
- To reduce the risk of edema, the patient must be placed in the Fowler’s position.
- To reduce swelling and bleeding, cold compresses must be given.
- To eliminate dead space and remove wound drainage, suction drains are used.
- Limited facial movement must be allowed.
- Coughing should be avoided as it increases blood pressure.
After And Before Considerations & Precautions For Rhytidectomy:
To improve appearances as well as to boost confidence, Rhytidectomy is done. Before deciding to undergo this procedure, certain things need to be kept in mind:
- Before deciding to undergo this procedure, consult a certified doctor as it is of vital importance.
- Certain aspects need to be taken into consideration such as face’s bone structure, texture of the skin, its elasticity and thickness, the position of the brow, eye and eyelid appearance and aesthetics, etc.
- Doctors recommend a battery of tests to be carried out before operation so as to rule out any complications.
- The patient is advised to stop smoking, drinking and abusing drugs before operation.
- After this operation, there will be little swelling and reddening on the face which will subside after sometime.
- Little bruising can be seen which will subside on using cold compress.
- Some people also experience a feeling of numbness or tenderness in skin. All these symptoms disappear in few days.
- Patient may be allowed to go home after surgery, although it depends on the length of surgery.
- Sometimes a patient is allowed to go home after few hours and in some cases they are kept under observation in hospital for few days.
- Dull headache or pain on the face may be experienced by some patients. Some also experience soreness in their skin, all these problems can be taken care of by taking certain medications as prescribed by doctors.
- Head must be kept at an elevated position so that swelling subsides.
- Exercise and strenuous activities must be avoided for few days till the doctor advises.
- After 10 to 2 weeks, a patient may return to their work and carry out normal activities.