Rhinoplasty is a procedure that is basically carried out to reshape a nose. As people have become very conscious about their looks, this procedure has now days become very popular. To make their nose sharper and beautiful, models and celebrities regularly go under the knife. It is also known as nose career these days. This procedure comes under the category of plastic surgery or aesthetic surgery.
Advantages of Rhinoplasty
- It is one of the most popular surgeries today.
- Every person wants to look beautiful and want to project a good image.
- Some also want to change their appearance and look different.
- A deformity on the face cannot be hidden and since the image of a person holds a lot of importance these days, the procedure becomes all the more significant.
- It is a very simple procedure and takes very little time to recuperate.
- It goes a long way to instill lost confidence in people.
- There is a choice between open and closed Rhinoplasty.
- Surgeons can offer great results as this is a very routine procedure.
Disadvantages of Rhinoplasty
- People often request revision in surgery that has already been done on them
- Models are very difficult to please and most of the time they are not satisfied completely with the procedure and asks the doctor to do it again.
- Open Rhinoplasty can be revised easily in comparison to closed Rhinoplasty
- The biggest disadvantage of Rhinoplasty is that there will be an incision as this is a surgical procedure.
- Sometimes the incision is made at the base of the nose and is usually undetected but sometimes it can leave a scar which is unsightly.
- As any other surgery, this procedure also has risk of infection, swelling or reddening.
Side Effects of Rhinoplasty
- Nose surgeries can be painful at times
- Although general anesthesia is given but at times the pain does not go away
- Sensation of stuffiness sometimes does not go away after 2 days of the procedure also
- Sometimes the shape of the bone is significantly altered and it is difficult to bring it back to its normal shape.
- After a nose job, swelling is a common occurrence as the tissues that have been reshaped takes time to heal and adjust according to their new shape.
- Bruising is commonly seen around eyes
- It sometimes gives an appearance of classic “black eyes” case
After understanding both pros and cons of Rhinoplasty one must embark on this procedure. As with any other surgery it has certain plus points as well as negative points. But in any case Rhinoplasty has made a lot of difference in the appearance of people.